dish and cable

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

clydesam

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 9, 2008
have a 622 and basic cable comes with internet. Is there a way to use one coaxial to combine and receive both signals. I have one coaxial cable I ran upstairs. The Condo I live in was built as apt and no cable connections upstairs.So I have been using it for tv2. But I have a tivo I moved upstairs and no I cant use it to change channels on the dish but like to use it for just locals when the dish goes out which isnt much but does happen due to the heavy rain we sometimes get and also for podcasts I have on there. Can this been done?If so how?

so you want to do what? combine your tv2 with the internet or basic cable, or are you tyring to do something else? with dual tuners i wouldnt suggest it, as it may fail in the long run but you should be able to use diplexers to carry both your cable and tv2 upstairs. the tv2 is proibably already on a diplexer and the antenna side sends ch 60 (or 73) upstairs. you can use a splitter backwards the combine cable into the antenna feed from the diplexer and then split it back off upstairs. DO NOT use a splitter on any other dish line (the in/out feed to the receiver, or the sat feed).

The Internet on many cable systems is below channel 2 or 54MHz. Your problem with diplexing with the Dish output is to find 3 or 5 consecutive unused TV channels, one each Dish output and a unused guard one on each side of the output(s), typically in the 60s or 70s used for premiums and PPV and often trapped out or you may have to go above 100 with the digitals, if you don't have them. As you are working with cable you should use cable tuning on Dish so you know which channels you are using. Test first for no signal and then wire. Remove if they come to inspect or you neighbors complain.
-Ken

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts