Dish and CalAmp settles lawsuit...LNB problems finally revealed..

Mike500

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 7, 2003
Thiepval
Got an e-mail from The Evening Bridge, tonight.....

EchoStar Settles With CalAmp
TOP STORY -- Satellite equipment maker CalAmp and EchoStar today announced a settlement of the dispute that began with faulty circuit boards in some of CalAmp's satellite dish components. EchoStar had previously been returning products to CalAmp and had put all new orders on hold after discovering problems with the laminate material on CalAmp's printed circuit boards. Under terms of the settlement, CalAmp will give the satcaster a $5 million promissory note along with 1 million shares of its stock and a three-year warrant to buy up 350,000 more shares at a set price of $3.72 each. In return, EchoStar said it will pay $1.3 million of the $2.3 million in outstanding accounts receivable it owes to CalAmp, with the remaining $1 million being canceled as part of the settlement.

Copyright © 2007 Media Business Corp (MBC). Reproduction in whole or in part in any form or medium without express written permission of MBC is prohibited. MBC and MBC logo are trademarks of Media Business Corp. The Evening BRIDGE is wholly owned and operated by MBC. All rights reserved.
165 South Union Boulevard, Suite #280 - Lakewood - CO 80228 • tel. 303-271-9960 • fax 303-271-9965

So will E* use some of the proceeds to reimburse customers that had to pay to get defective hardware replaced?

Another instance where someone takes advantage of someone else's hardships. Dish Network probably lost a lot of business though due to the hardware defects.

But you should be able to INSIST on a FREE service call, for LNB drift on a DPP Twin that needs replaced!

lnb drift service calls are free. thats why in the trouble shooting steps for signal loss one of the steps is to check lnb for drift from the system info one screen.

Either they made the bubble dp twins or the super dish lnbf cluster that failed or both, both of these were part of a massive recall effort to replace at seperate times.

lnb drift service calls are free. thats why in the trouble shooting steps for signal loss one of the steps is to check lnb for drift from the system info one screen.

Not so!! I have a service call now for the drift, and it will cost me at least $29 for the trip charge! per technical support rep:(

Where did you get that no cost information?

LNB Replaced- Trip cost $29.99

Just had the tech come in for the service call, and sure enough he had to replace the LNB. He stated that he has never seen the drift problem before.

Trip cost $29.99, no charge for the LNB replacement.

Should E* (Now fully knowledgeable of the problem) with the recent settlement news give me a credit for the service trip charge to replace the defective LNB? :(

So they forced the service call on you along with the $29 fee? They should have done the service call for free since it is a defect and they contacted you to do the service call. I wouldn't pay for it and contact Attorney General about it. Dish Network got reimbursed for these issues so why charge the customers? It wasn't their fault.

So they forced the service call on you along with the $29 fee? They should have done the service call for free since it is a defect and they contacted you to do the service call. I wouldn't pay for it and contact Attorney General about it. Dish Network got reimbursed for these issues so why charge the customers? It wasn't their fault.

The lnb drift service call is FREE NO cost. If he got charged then it was setup wrong!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)