DISH and CSNNE Dispute

Yeah they are blaming the loss on cord cutters from what I read in a few places. However who knows what the real truth is???? It couldn't be the exorbitant pro sports coverage contracts they have been handing out like candy!! No way!!

Reactions: Troch77
Yeah they are blaming the loss on cord cutters from what I read in a few places. However who knows what the real truth is???? It couldn't be the exorbitant pro sports coverage contracts they have been handing out like candy!! No way!!
They cannot take responsibility for their greed(Disney in general).

Reactions: MikeD-C05
I'm surprised no one has mentioned the philly CSN lawsuit and all that in this discussion. Dish and CSN aren't the best of bedfellows. They get the job done as needed but otherwise nothing else. Also CSN LOVES to strike single team RSNs and Dish isn't buying into the greed.

However Fox owns or partially owns YES now so they should hopefully be included in the next Fox RSN contract. MSG or MSG TV is likely about to be sold. If Fox purchases the TV sector MSG is likely to come back. If NBCU purchases it MSG won't. If DirecTV (Root) purchases it it's a coin flip.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm surprised no one has mentioned the philly CSN lawsuit and all that in this discussion.....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Directv not DISH initiated a lawsuit that resulted in the Court upholding the FCC rule that Comcast must offer CSN Philly to the two satellite providers. They won that lawsuit January 20th 2010.(I suppose there could have been more than one lawsuit) DISH was part of the proceedings at some point because both argued before the Court. Philly CSN is different than the other disputes as they are intentionally pricing themselves out of contention to be carried and have who knows what other demands.

Another season without the Celts. I think I may have uncovered a possible solution - a little pricy but perhaps worth it to some. Directv Now the new streaming service offered by ATT/DTV does have CSNE. There cheapest package is a commitment free $35/month. Right now they are offering a much larger package (100 channels) for that same price. If you have ATT you can stream over cellular without using your data allotment. Apps are available on Apple devices, Amazon, and soon Roku. It looks like a real promising service but they are experiencing lots of bugs in the early going. Also no DVR capabilities yet but promised for 2017.

I like DISH but as the Sabres get better, it will be hard not to switch to DirecTv or even back to TWC. My hope is that Terry Pegula starts his own sports network as has been rumored when the MSG contract expires in 2017, and that DISH will pick it up.

A Pegula owned RSN will not happen for a long time. They got into bed with MSG back in June and extended their deal to broadcast the Sabres and add Bills content to "MSG-WNY". ONE BUFFALO! See below..

http://corporate.msgnetworks.com/co...al-and-comprehensive-programming-partnership/

Reactions: Tampa8
Because they spend their money like a teenager with Mom and Dad's credit card to make sure that they can keep their rights to...in this case...the Celtics. When it was dropped, Dish had the upper hand, as the Celtics weren't a prime commodity. Now that they are getting better, who knows. Then again, it's coast to Dish over demand, hence why NYC still doesn't have any of their RSNs on Dish.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)