Dish and LNB compatability with new Hopper System

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

tackleshep

Original poster
May 29, 2012
Kansas
First, let me apologize as I feel this question has probably been asked. After some searching I was unable to find the answer so I think you for your answering it again.

Just upgraded to the Hopper system in my house. Before I was running two VIP 722's along with a 211K single reciever. This was all run off of a 1004 dish and HD LNB on my home.

In addition to this for many years starting with a purchased 311 reciever I utilized a 500 Dish at my marina where I have a boat moored for the summer and used the 211K for this purpose. (Let me be clear that I know I could not get HD programming with the 500 but don't really care for this utilization).

Obviously the sales people at dish are still confused on the set up abilities of the new Hopper system because when it was sold to me they told me specifically that the 211K would continue to work but were obviously wrong as they have a hopper only policy per account.

Regardless I went ahead and purchased a second hopper for use at the house and at the Marina. So the big question. Can I still utilize my Dish 500 dish pointed at 110 and 119 to recieve standard programming at my boat. Again understanding HD will not work, I just want to get the signal? Or will I need to locate and have installed a new dish.

If new dish is the answer can somebody recommend what I should look for as far as LNB's and Dish's on the used market?

Thank you again.

Also, I recall seeing a small number of HD channels running on 110\119 instead of the standard 129.

Sent from my SCH-I800 using SatelliteGuys

Even without a Solo Node at the lake you should be able to run one cable into the Hopper from a DPP Twin LNB and get two tuners on it. You will not get all 3 tuners without the solo node. You'll have the ability to record one show while watching another on all standard def channels and a few HD channels that are on 110 or 119.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)