Dish and Viacom

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
If Dish does make an agreement with Viacom i need Viacom to STOP blocking my ISP and let me log in using my TV provider(Dish) to watch full shows. Stinks i use Suddenlink for internet and Viacom still blocks 99% of their content if you show up as a Suddenlink IP address...
I think this should just be illegal, to block someone based on ISP. It is the content providers doing the same thing they blame the ISPs for doing.

If Dish does make an agreement with Viacom i need Viacom to STOP blocking my ISP and let me log in using my TV provider(Dish) to watch full shows. Stinks i use Suddenlink for internet and Viacom still blocks 99% of their content if you show up as a Suddenlink IP address...

Are you trying to use a Roku or Apple TV, if so Dish is not listed as one of the TV Providers that can sign in to those Viacom apps.

In this day and age where we have Disney Channels and online content and NetFlix many people can do without the Viacom channels. I like watching CatFish though on MTV I think thats the only thing I watch.

Viacom Prepares for Dish Rejection

http://www.multichannel.com/news/content/viacom-prepares-dish-rejection/404276

The optimism surrounding a February carriage extension with No. 2 satellite TV service provider Dish Network has apparently worn off for Viacom, which said it has started to inform the satellite TV service's customers that they could lose access to its networks, including MTV, Comedy Central and Nickelodeon.

“We are extremely disappointed that Dish has not engaged in a serious way to reach an agreement for Viacom’s number one family of cable networks, including Nickelodeon, Comedy Central, VH1, MTV, BET, Spike, TV Land and CMT,” Viacom said in a statement. “This is par for the course for Dish, which has deliberately derailed ten renewal negotiations since last year by engaging in unproductive discussions and contentious public battles.”

I think this should just be illegal, to block someone based on ISP. It is the content providers doing the same thing they blame the ISPs for doing.

I have Comcast Internet service, how can they block me? If they block everyone's access to their Internet content they lose big money on their web advertising.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)