DISH Announces 2014 CES Press Event

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
....... How do customers know which "Plan" they are?

You don't. Dish will not reveal that information, nor how they calculate it.

Probably customers that have always paid on time, are paperless and have higher programming packages are top tier. Maybe they factor in credit rating. Very few people on this earth know.

With 7 leased tuners now, I'd want the same #, leased of course, in a Hopper system. Unless they can do something for me, I'll stick with what I have.

I'm honestly not even sure how you managed to get 7 tuners leased now since Dish's Business Rules state that a customer is only allowed 3 leased receivers or a maximum of 6 tuners. After that a customer would be required to purchase any equipment.

You don't. Dish will not reveal that information, nor how they calculate it.

Probably customers that have always paid on time, are paperless and have higher programming packages are top tier. Maybe they factor in credit rating. Very few people on this earth know.

Dish's requirements change throughout the year as well. We may notice a string of Plan A customers over a few months and then suddenly they almost become impossible to come by. It can depend on the upgrade promotions Dish is running at the time.

I'm honestly not even sure how you managed to get 7 tuners leased now since Dish's Business Rules state that a customer is only allowed 3 leased receivers or a maximum of 6 tuners. After that a customer would be required to purchase any equipment.

I had 3 leased 722s at the time. Wanted to replace an owned non-HD receiver with a single HD DVR. First CSR told me I had to purchase. I hung up and sent an email to "CEO" at the time. Gave then the usual info, longtime customer , autopay, etc.. Had AEP at that time as well. Received a response stating I could lease a 7th tuner, 612. Was activate in 2/10. I know folks here purchase extra receivers, beyond the 6 tuner limit, but I just don't understand it. Why should we have to pay full price, then $17 a month for a 722? Almost positive Comcast allows it. In fact, I may have checked in 2010, prior to contacting Dish. They would have allowed me to lease 4 dual tuner boxes. Inferior products, IMO. But at least we don't have to pay any upfront costs.

Last edited:
Would a dealer sell you a Cadillac for the price of a Chevy?
No, but why sell boxes at full price to any customers? I'm already paying them $51 a month in hardware and dvd fees? IMO, they should allow customers ( maybe "plan a" ) to lease as many as they want. To an extent anyways. 6 tuners is not enough in some households. I don't expect anything free in life, but I don't want to be charged full price for something, then monthly fees just to use it. I thought about the cellphone industry, but I guess that's a bit different. Cell phone companies don't make their own products. But prices are subsidized by 2 yr contracts.

Last edited:
No, but why sell boxes at full price to any customers? I'm already paying them $51 a month in hardware and dvd fees? IMO, they should allow customers ( maybe "plan a" ) to lease as many as they want. To an extent anyways. 6 tuners is not enough in some households.

I'm guessing they want you to purchase the other equipment because after 3 receivers it is no longer a basic install and there is added cost to Dish. I know I would never go install a 4 receiver setup without charging a fee for the extra work we would have to do.

I'm assuming you have some kind of switch in your system since a 1000.2 antenna setup only feeds 3 receivers. That switch is not included in a basic install either. I'm sure Dish can eat those cost if they choose to but I know I wouldn't.

I'm guessing they want you to purchase the other equipment because after 3 receivers it is no longer a basic install and there is added cost to Dish. I know I would never go install a 4 receiver setup without charging a fee for the extra work we would have to do.

I'm assuming you have some kind of switch in your system since a 1000.2 antenna setup only feeds 3 receivers. That switch is not included in a basic install either. I'm sure Dish can eat those cost if they choose to but I know I wouldn't.
I have an eastern arc setup with a DPP44. Feeds 4 receivers. I've been with Dish for 14+ yrs, so this isn't something I got all at once. Slowly upgraded to 4 receivers over the years. I did have to pay a reduced price as I leased each one. Maybe $99 or less. Don't think I even paid for the switch, since I have the protection plan. BTW, what's the full price these days for a HWS?

I have an eastern arc setup with a DPP44. Feeds 4 receivers. I've been with Dish for 14+ yrs, so this isn't something I got all at once. Slowly upgraded to 4 receivers over the years. I did have to pay a reduced price as I leased each one. Maybe $99 or less. Don't think I even paid for the switch, since I have the protection plan. BTW, what's the full price these days for a HWS?

If you purchase the third Hopper and have it there for the install you might be able to get the switches needed for free, especially if you show the techs a wiring diagram such as those that I've posted throughout these forums. In your case you'd need another DPP44 or a DPP33 to cascade behind your current DPP44 and an extra Solo Node.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Forum Runner

If you purchase the third Hopper and have it there for the install you might be able to get the switches needed for free, especially if you show the techs a wiring diagram such as those that I've posted throughout these forums. In your case you'd need another DPP44 or a DPP33 to cascade behind your current DPP44 and an extra Solo Node.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Forum Runner
Thanks. Yes, I did see your diagrams. Will come in very handy, if I decide to upgrade.

I want this, and I want that and Dish should make it so you can...and wouldn't it be great if only you could.

Ok I understand one of the purpose of these forums is to discuss such things ..so I'll bite

Dish should come out with a solar powered wireless LNB, capable of supporting 16 tuners.
It would also have a laser to melt snow off the dish in the winter and blast away pesky birds in the summer.
Dish could also incorporate a small camera, just so you can tune into a channel to see the "dish" logo painted on it.
Oh and it should have a built in peeking meter so its easy to point.

Why not?
I'll tell you why not, cuz it would cost to damm much
People lets not forget that dish is a for profit company and they are only going to do the things that (they think) will make financial sense to them.

Will the "wireless dish pro super16 with laser" ever be developed? one can only dream.

Direct and comcast both have 5 tuner boxes. Why can't dish match? Instead they come out with a SJ? Wireless and virtual makes sense. Will be interesting to se what the pricing structure for the SJ and how it'll affect the # of leased tuners.

Squirrels. Don't forget the d***** squirrels! Kill 'em all!

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Squirrels. Don't forget the d***** squirrels! Kill 'em all!

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

The fact that its wireless address's the squirrel issue, but I'm sure it would blast those tree rats anyway :D
And record all the action with the built in camera for later viewing enjoyment,

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)