Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
DISH Announces New Leadership Structure for Sling TV

• Sling TV to be integrated into President and COO Erik Carlson's portfolio

• Sling TV CEO, Roger Lynch, to join Pandora as CEO

ENGLEWOOD, Colo.--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- DISH Network Corporation (NASDAQ: DISH) today announced that it will shift the leadership of its over-the-top (OTT) service, Sling TV, into DISH President and Chief Operating Officer Erik Carlson's portfolio. The move comes with the news that outgoing Sling TV CEO, Roger Lynch, will join Pandora as CEO. Management changes for Sling TV are effective Aug. 31.

"Erik is positioned to fully support and grow our enterprise's portfolio, including our Sling TV asset, as we work to connect 100 percent of the country through satellite, OTT, wireless and even digital over-the-air offerings," said Charlie Ergen, DISH Chairman and CEO. "Our company has built incredible assets from satellite, broadband, and streaming technologies, to a fleet of in-home experts and software development. We will continue to leverage those assets to be tuned in to the needs of our customers."

Carlson is a DISH veteran of over 20 years and oversees the company's day-to-day operations including Human Resources, Operations and Information Technology, Media Sales, Marketing, Programming, Acquisition and Retention, Finance and Accounting organizations. Carlson will continue to report to Ergen.

"I want to thank Roger for his leadership over the past eight years, creating and defining the country's first live OTT service," said Ergen. "Roger built a fantastic team that will take Sling TV into the bright future ahead, and I wish Roger the best in his new endeavor."

Reactions: charlesrshell
They should change the name to Dish TV Now. Sling TV is a goofy name.
I disagree. It separates it from Dish, and you'd be surprised how many customers do not know the two companies are the same, thus leaving Dish for their "competition", SlingTV. Those that do know, don't care. It's great for marketing, and Dish already owns the Sling name...

Reactions: ncted

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts