Dish Anywhere & a Blu Ray player

I think I've made this more confusing than I intended. When I said "scheduling conflicts" I meant two shows on different channels at the same time. For me the monthly price of a DVR is not economical considering the fact that I'm not amassing a library of shows or movies or sports for viewing later. All I really want to do is be able to stream/watch a program the next day or day after when there is nothing live of interest, and do it without physically connecting my laptop to my tv and mirroring the laptop screen on the television. To me the Blu-Ray player offers two options (DVD playback & streaming) but the Roku is interesting for its streaming capabilities if I can stream those networks that I currently subscribe to via Dish.

All I really want to do is be able to stream/watch a program the next day or day after when there is nothing live of interest, and do it without physically connecting my laptop to my tv and mirroring the laptop screen on the television.
This need is best met by a DVR. The fact that DVRs offer even more flexibility (including recording stuff like non-network programming on local channels that aren't carried on DISH Anywhere) is icing on the cake.

I'm pretty sure $7 is less than the frustration of hooking your laptop to the tv just twice a month.

This is the classic stepping over dollars to pick up dimes discussion where someone had convinced themselves not to get a free DVR up front to save a few dollars and it ends up in costing more than that in ongoing frustration. Spending $7 on the DVR fee is a better value than another solo receiver as you typically can't watch two programs at once.

TV has pretty much always been stacked in such a way that all the best programs come on at the same (prime) time. It is how the content providers do battle for the biggest slice of the advertising pie.

Reactions: KAB and Bobby

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)