Dish Anywhere help.

hawkyou72

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 21, 2013
Washington State
My Hopper w/Sling is connected to the internet. When I access Dish Anywhere via my CPU at work it does not work. At the bottom of my screen is shows. "Family Room" and states that it's Offline. It was working fine before but now it's not. Any ideas?

My Hopper w/Sling is connected to the internet. When I access Dish Anywhere via my CPU at work it does not work. At the bottom of my screen is shows. "Family Room" and states that it's Offline. It was working fine before but now it's not. Any ideas?
Have you tried logging out, then back on?

Logged out and back in. Nothing. Router/Modem has not lost connection. Called Dish and they were no help. Guess I'm just suppose to live with it.

Have you tried accessing it from another location besides work. It possible that your IT Department at work might have recently blocked it.

Ports 80, 443, and 5678 need to be open for Hopper. 80 is HTTP and 443 is HTTPS so there is no way your IT Department would have closed those two. If they blocked you ... I'd suspect 5678. IT Departments watch their bandwidth. It could have been that the spotted allot of activity on 5678 and just blocked it. Just an idea. If you can access DISH Anywhere from everywhere else but just not at work, it might be time to take them a case of beer along with a request to reopen port 5678 :biggrin2

Reactions: Shoot To Thrill
Ports 80, 443, and 5678 need to be open for Hopper. 80 is HTTP and 443 is HTTPS so there is no way your IT Department would have closed those two. If they blocked you ... I'd suspect 5678. IT Departments watch their bandwidth. It could have been that the spotted allot of activity on 5678 and just blocked it. Just an idea. If you can access DISH Anywhere from everywhere else but just not at work, it might be time to take them a case of beer along with a request to reopen port 5678 :biggrin2

I'm at the top of the totem pole at my place of business and its not blocked by anyone. It just recently stopped working. Tried it on 3 other CPU's outside of work. Doesn't even work on the Dish Anywhere app. Dish Rep stated there is an issue and that it was reported, what ever that means.

It could have been that the spotted allot of activity on 5678 and just blocked it.
Smart IT people block pretty much everything but web, mail (only the protocols used), FTP (maybe) and whatever flavor of VPN they've chosen.

If there are employees on the outside, they should be using VPN to get in.

Reactions: KJ6EO
I have Adult BLOCK message on my site at work when I try to go to certain sites. They have crappy ATT wifi that barely functions. So I have a T mobile hotspot now that I can use if I need to get on my hopper at home to watch live tv or recorded or if I really want to go to a site on the web that my work site blocks.

It is working for me so I'm dubious about what the DISH rep told you. I can't imagine that the Pacific Northwet is too finely divided in terms of DISH Internet nodes.

I wonder if DISH accidentally locked your IP number out? I'm very SORE about DISH right now! I've got an issue of my own which I won't discuss here. But if I can't get DISH to see the light I'm gonna have to go burn a Village somewhere :biggrin2

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)