Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
[h=1]DISH Anywhere™ Now Available on Amazon Kindle Fire HDX Tablets[/h]
  • Kindle Fire HDX owners can now download the highly-rated DISH Anywhere app
  • Transfer DVR recordings to Kindle Fire HDX tablets to watch even when offline
  • View all live TV channels, DVR recordings and On Demand content on-the-go

ENGLEWOOD, Colo.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--In a move to bring customers a wider variety of remote TV viewing options, DISH (NASDAQ: DISH) today announced that its recently upgraded DISH Anywhere™ app is now available for download on Kindle Fire HDX tablets. The app, previously only available on Android and iOS devices, gives DISH customers the ability to watch all of their live TV programs, DVR recordings and thousands of On Demand titles on-the-go.

“After launching the newest version of the pay-TV industry’s only all-in-one app for remote television viewing earlier this year, we have delivered on our promise to extend the app’s availability to Kindle Fire owners,” said Jimshade Chaudhari, Director of Product Management at DISH. “By offering DISH Anywhere to this new group of tablet owners, we continue to show that we are dedicated to the expanding mobile market by allowing our customers to watch everything, anywhere no matter what mobile device they are using.”

Through the DISH Anywhere app, DISH Hopper® with Sling® DVR owners can view live, recorded and video-on-demand content at home or remotely from their smart phones and tablets when connected to either Wi-Fi or a 3G/4G connection. Additionally, the app gives users the ability to view program guides, set recordings and manage their DVRs.

DISH recently announced the integration of the Hopper Transfers™ feature with the DISH Anywhere app during the 2014 International Consumer Electronics Show (CES) in January. The app now allows users to transfer recorded content from their Hopper with Sling DVRs to their mobile devices for viewing when an Internet connection is not available.

The DISH Anywhere app is available to download for free via the iTunes Store, Google Play and the Amazon Appstore.

I still don't get why Dish ignored Kindle Fire HD. There are a lot of Fire HD out there (myself included) & was waiting for this app to be available so that I can use it on my Fire HD (which is a very very good tablet). No luck for now.

You can "side load" the android app to the Kindle Fire HD, as noted in various Kindle forums, but it doesn't give you off-line download, at least in my experience, but I can watch stuff when I have a wireless connection. It is a bummer that the Fire HD is left out. Maybe it's hardware related?

Most of the reg Kindle Fires don't have much memory to tranfers videos. I don't use that feature anyway.
For non-HDX Fires, just side load version 3.1.12 apk

It works perfect, cant transfer but does not matter to me. I can stream from anywhere (tether cell phone).

Last edited:
Hard to tell the problem, as people typically suck at writing reviews. It is hard to tell if they are just Kindle Fire HD owners or if they have an older HDX that isn't working with it.

But overall, the complaint seems to be they don't have a tablet that can use the App as provided.

It a little sucky that it only the Kindle Fire HDX and only with a Sling. I have a 1st generation Fire, and the HBO app worked on that. While I have HBO I could stream HBO Go to my basic Kindle. Why can't Dish offer some on-demand programing without have to Sling from your DVR to all the Kindle Fire models? That I would get excited about.

Needed to get a new Kindle, and got the HDX partly due to the Dish Kindle App. Works real well. So well, I'm pondering the benefit of getting a Sling. I searched a bit, but couldn't find anything about Sling and the 722k. You need to pay up front for the adapter, but is there a monthly fee to use the sling adapter? My 722k is hard wired to the network, so I don't need to worry about wi-fi.

Needed to get a new Kindle, and got the HDX partly due to the Dish Kindle App. Works real well. So well, I'm pondering the benefit of getting a Sling. I searched a bit, but couldn't find anything about Sling and the 722k. You need to pay up front for the adapter, but is there a monthly fee to use the sling adapter? My 722k is hard wired to the network, so I don't need to worry about wi-fi.

No monthly fee for the sling.We have one on our 722 works very well,it's also hard wired to the network.I haven't even bothered to update the dish app,sideloaded it last year to the Kindle HD,still works great.

No monthly fee for the sling.We have one on our 722 works very well,it's also hard wired to the network.I haven't even bothered to update the dish app,sideloaded it last year to the Kindle HD,still works great.
Thanks.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts