Dish Anywhere Transfers - SD Option Missing

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

bchandler02

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 26, 2006
Not sure what's going on here... on my Android Phone (LG G4), I have the option under Settings/Transfers to use external storage.
On my Android Tablet (Dell Venue 8), the option is missing. The tablet sees the SD card just fine.

Both are updated to the latest version available in the play store.

Any ideas?

So I went ahead and wiped my tablet - I needed to do it anyway, and I hoped that maybe it would fix this. Now, I can't even reinstall Dish Anywhere.

WTF, Dish?

Attachments

• dish.png
    dish.png
    12.5 KB · Views: 209
I found what was listed as 4.4.7.3 which I think is the phone version, when installed it shows 4.6.15. SD option is still missing.

This wouldn't be near as painful if my phone was a backup option, but there looks to be a known issue right now with HD transfers according to the dish forums.

So I pulled out my old Moto Xoom (running 4.1) and wiped it clean, and installed Anywhere. Wanted to see if it was specific to the other tablet or what. I can't see the SD option there either.

So, has Dish quietly dropped the SD support for anything not running 5.x or higher? Dish support has been less than helpful on this topic.

So I pulled out my old Moto Xoom (running 4.1) and wiped it clean, and installed Anywhere. Wanted to see if it was specific to the other tablet or what. I can't see the SD option there either.

So, has Dish quietly dropped the SD support for anything not running 5.x or higher? Dish support has been less than helpful on this topic.
I am struggling to find specifics, but I have seen numerous mentions of streaming requiring 4.0 and above, and every time they mention android transfers, it's 5.x.

I haven't been able to find a requirement either, but one would think that if transfers work to an internal storage, they should work to external as well, especially since that feature was specifically released. It still doesn't explain why 1) Certain tablets that worked in the past no longer work, 2) Nobody at Dish can just confirm/deny this, 3) They can't fix the playback problem with HD recordings on the G4 and other devices.

Alot could be solved here if Dish would just communicate with people and be up front about stuff.

It's looking more and more like Dish just decided to screw anyone not running 5.x or higher.
Tried installing it on a friends Samsung Tab3 and it shows the app as not compatible with that device either. Sideloading worked, but the app crashes upon opening, so I'm not able to test the SD card option.

Way to go Dish, you really screwed your customers over here.

Not really screwing their customers if the software is just out of date. Apple does this on a regular basis. My iPad gen1 works just fine, yet it cannot receive new SW updates, which means I do not even have the transfer option for it. That really sucks, because it's a 64gb iPad.

I would disagree. My tablet had it on there, and it updated a few weeks back - but now when I wipe it (to try and fix THEIR mistake) they don't even let me get it back. I understand not updating newer features and hitting the end of the road, but I should always be able to download what I had.

Especially since KitKat still has about a 40% marketshare as of this summer.

Reactions: TheKrell
Regardless, it looks like I am screwed unless I want to buy a new tablet, which I don't (I hardly ever use it except when I travel).
If they'd fix the playback error that some of us are seeing on the G4, I'd be set to use it. Hope to see a response on the Dish forums on their site for that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts