DISH Appoints James Moorhead Chief Marketing Officer

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT

ENGLEWOOD, CO -- (Marketwire) -- 04/11/12 -- DISH (NASDAQ: DISH), one of the nation's leading pay-TV providers, today announced that James G. Moorhead has been named senior vice president, chief marketing officer. Mr. Moorhead will be responsible for marketing, advertising, public relations and market research. He will report to DISH CEO Joe Clayton and serve on DISH's senior leadership team.

For the past eleven years, Moorhead held increasingly senior marketing roles at The Procter & Gamble Company. He brings to DISH a strong brand-building background and a successful track record of leading health care and grooming brands, including Prilosec OTC, Vicks, Old Spice and Gillette.

Most recently, he led the strategy and marketing for a diverse portfolio of Gillette products. Before assuming these responsibilities, Moorhead oversaw the Old Spice brand and is credited with the brand's revival and market leadership position. For this work, Brandweek editors named him as the 2010 Grand Marketer of the Year and Advertising Age named him to the 2011 Creativity 50. His team's television commercials have received many awards, including two Cannes Grand Prix, the Grand Effie and the Emmy for Best Commercial.

"DISH is committed to building a premier brand in the industry," said Clayton. "James has the marketing experience, the energy and, most importantly, the imagination to help lead our commercial transformation."

Said Moorhead: "I want to be a part of shaping the future of how American households will receive their video, broadband data and voice services. I am excited to lead the marketing organization, and I am confident that DISH has the assets, the vision and the team to change the way America communicates and enjoys entertainment."

Moorhead takes over for interim CMO Vivek Khemka who will return to his leadership over DISH's product management organization. Khemka will report to Clayton.

Welcome James, we here at SatelliteGuys look forward to working with you! I personally look forward to meeting you.

And congrats to Vivek Khemka who was one of the busiest guys at DISH overseeing both the marketing launch and technical launch of the Hopper Platform! He worked MEGA hours yet with his busy schedule was still always answering his emails in a timely manner and helping people. A job well done! (Now hopefully Vivek has more time to read at SatelliteGuys and learn from your ideas and comments) :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Ya with the latest commercials they were hit and miss. The blockbuster commercials were bad. But the hopper are a step in the right direction. Dish needs to keep heading that way and not stop with advertisement.

Sounds like a good move.

If I may be so bold as to offer advice, two words: "Clean slate."

Feed the Elves!

Said Moorhead: "I want to be a part of shaping the future of how American households will receive their video, broadband data and voice services. I am excited to lead the marketing organization, and I am confident that DISH has the assets, the vision and the team to change the way America communicates and enjoys entertainment."

voice services? Does this mean Dish is going to get in the cell phone business?

Mark

To be fair, DirecTV's latest TV CM's kinda blow, especially compared to the big budget movie tie-ins of the previous campaign. So, Dish doesn't have to go very far to surpass them.

It's nice to see Dish starting to act like a real company appropriate for their size and stature. Now, if they could only hire a Chief Quality Officer for their HW and Customer Support.

18,000 posts and all I got was this lousy CMO T-Shirt.

Oh wait- no I didn't. Thankfully.