Dish AR Pro App question/suggestion (1 Viewer)

WTDC

Aug 21, 2011
Lubbock, Tx
I use Dish AR Pro regularly to confirm LOS issues for Dish Netowrk installs. Would it be possible to add the ability to look up the dish settings (aimuth, elevation, skew) for the various dish configurations (like on the website)? This would make the app utterly invaluable to me, along with the installers I am training.

Thanks,
Joel

AlanSH

DishPointer.COM Admin
Pub Member / Supporter
Sep 4, 2007
You can do that already as long as you know which satellite is directly over the lnb arm. The dish settings are all governed by this central satellite. Remember the skew provided by the app is BY(!) how much to skew it - so if the skew scale starts at 90 on the dish, you would need to add this number to get to the value you need to set according to the scale.

Fredinva

SatelliteGuys Pro
Feb 14, 2005
I use Dish AR Pro regularly to confirm LOS issues for Dish Netowrk installs. Would it be possible to add the ability to look up the dish settings (aimuth, elevation, skew) for the various dish configurations (like on the website)? This would make the app utterly invaluable to me, along with the installers I am training.

Thanks,
Joel

Joe,
Unless you're installing more than 100 miles from your normal location, you're dish settings: El, Az, and skew will always be the same for every dish!

fred

Users who are viewing this thread

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Latest posts