dish at 61.5

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

ToddG

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Sep 30, 2003
Hey,
I have a super dish and was wondering if you all think that a dish for 61.5 and a dp44 switch will be included in the $99 upgrade available April 1st. I have a 942 leased and am going to trade it in on a 622 and subscribe to the new channels. I am in Va. so I believe I will need a dish pointed at the 61.5 sat.
Thanks,
Todd Gibson

Just talked to a local Dish rep and he told me I would not need the rooftop Dish1000 as long as I already have two rooftop 500's in place. Can anybody confirm this?

I assume 1 of your 500's is pointing at 61.5? Assuming this is the case you should be fine as all HD content will be on both.

Can you expand on that, Van? I'm in the midwest (Kansas City) am currently carrying the "everything pack" and getting the current Voom channels. What I need to know is: when I get my 411 will that be enuf to get me going without switching out my two 500 rooftops? According to what I can tell, I get all the birds, I just don't have an Mpeg4 yet?
Help someone?

jonesbruce91361 said:
Can you expand on that, Van? I'm in the midwest (Kansas City) am currently carrying the "everything pack" and getting the current Voom channels. What I need to know is: when I get my 411 will that be enuf to get me going without switching out my two 500 rooftops? According to what I can tell, I get all the birds, I just don't have an Mpeg4 yet?
Help someone?

I have 1 Dish 500 and a Dish 300 On my old "C" band pole in my back yard. the Dish 500 is for 110 and 119 and the Dish 300 is for 61.5. I bought 2 411's right before Christmas and had to make NO changes. Both receivers saw all of the satellites and the DP21 switches.:)

Rich Dunklee
NR2D

NR2D said:
I have 1 Dish 500 and a Dish 300 On my old "C" band pole in my back yard. the Dish 500 is for 110 and 119 and the Dish 300 is for 61.5. I bought 2 411's right before Christmas and had to make NO changes. Both receivers saw all of the satellites and the DP21 switches.:)
Rich Dunklee
NR2D

Thanks Rich. That is my set up: a DISH 500 for 110 and 119 and a DISH 300 pointed at 61.5 (originally put up to receive all the Boston area locals). I have an SW-64 switch. I assume that when I hook up the 211 that is on its way, I will be able to get HD. I had been thinking of posting this question but you answered it. Thanks!!!:)

-leegart-
K1GL by the way

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)