Dish Base Package question

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

dfecarter

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 14, 2006
Connecticut
I already subscribe to Uverse but miss being able to receive the few out of market distant networks that I used to get when I had Dish several years ago.
(kind of satisfies my long time desire to be able to get such chs. via C-Band on a big dish - which isn't feasible for me).
Can sometime tell me what the cheapest base pkg. would be required by Dish, in order to then add the add on chs. such as the LA and Denver feeds?
Any chance they'd let me only sub. to the $10 month int'l package and I could sub. to the 2 above mentioned Chs. and maybe even others through the third party provider that services Echostar subs.
Secondly, am suspecting they wouldn't want to offer me the standard free installation, should they permit the above ch. packages?
Would I need a special dish to get the english int'l package chs.?
And what about the SD vs. HD issue? Those distant network aren't offered in HD are they?
Thanks!!

Hi, the minimum package you would need is the Welcome Package which is $19.99 a month. The International Basic Package is only available with a qualifying International Package, it is not a stand alone package.

The Super stations are only available in SD and you can get installed with this package and a 24 month agreement but they will try to get you into a higher package. Please let me know if you have any additional questions or concerns.

yeah sadly with a INt'l Basic package it has to be tied to a INt'l channel
I assume the 2 channels are Superstations? If so you need WP as minimum

AAD you do not need a Dish subscription last I checked. You would just need the equipment already

Thanks for both replies!
Iceberg, now that is a thought! I will research that route further for sure...only downside to that is the need for the equipment and install but that's not too difficult.

but thats the correct site

It even mentions the channel move

Dish Network is moving many channels to different locations in an effort to better group them by common interests or genres. As a result starting on January 30th 2013 your "All American Direct" channels will be moving from the 240's to the 900's. They will be broadcast on both sets of channels for two weeks and then only available in the 900's.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts