DISH billing and Tech support (long)

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Mahaffey

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 7, 2006
Tennessee
I love my Dish..really I do. But they have got to get their stuff straight so far as billing.

I have had to call them at least 10 times (and this in itself is no fun, but that's for another post) to straighten out billing errors. Dumb ones. Like continuing to be charged for the "Programming access fee" when I have had my phone line hooked up since day 3. I have a jack especially put in just for the dish box. Nothing else. An $89.00 phone jack, and they still cannot recognize it. I have run the phone test connection feature until I can't see straight, I have done the "dial out" for them. They have records of all the tests in the Tech support system. I don't know why I have to call them every month and go over this again to get the fee taken off.

Then, there is a mysterious charge for $23.98 on my account that had a zero balance since the day after I paid them $132.11 for my first two month's service. After cancelling HBO before the third month, it had a -$13.08 balance. Now all of a sudden it is showing the charges for the next month, PLUS a carryover from the previous bill. C'mon.

I called again and had to spend another half hour getting that straight. Then she told me the charge for the phone line not being connected was on there. Um, no. So off I go to Tech support again. That nightmare lasted 10 minutes just on hold and pushing 1 or 2 or whatever going through the system to get to them. Tech support says "yea, we see the phone line hooked up. Don't know what billing's problem is." Here, we'll send a new box and check yours when it comes in."

So for the moment at least I have everything settled. My monthly bill is where it should be... $60.97(minus the $10.00/month for the rebate that I sent the forms in for two months ago and they still have not recieved. Another story for another post.) But we shall see what happens next month. I should have known better. When I got this service, I was told by the installers that they could only guarentee a window of 3 months. So I will be getting cable again in the spring. Sad, really. Because I love the reception and channels with Dish. And, the price is definately not bad considering what I was paying for cable/internet.

Thanks for listeneing...I just had to rant somewhere. :D Maybe someone here has a suggestion on how to deal with the billing department to get this resolved? Oh, and does anyone have a number or some way to get ahold of the "rebate" department so I can find out what the heck happend to my forms? Wow..talk about left hand not knowing what the right hand is doing...!sadroll

Last edited:
dish billing errors are all done on purpose so they can try and bleed more money out of customers who dont check bill with fine toothed comb

Are you kidding? That doesn't even make sense. Are there errors/mistakes - yes. But to say they do it on purpose is crazy.

Are you kidding? That doesn't even make sense. Are there errors/mistakes - yes. But to say they do it on purpose is crazy.
i think not dish is a greedy fing company, why not try and screw as many customers as they can as im sure lots of people dont pay close attention to their bill

personally when i used to have majority of my programming through dish
i was overcharged or double billed on fairly regular basis, but that may be they just did that to me but i doubt that

I guess we'll agree to disagree. I've had Dish for a couple years and never had a billing error.

When I signed up for DISH they charged me for 2 months to start.Then they also charged me on the second month.
When I cancelled DISH I expected a refund.After 2 months waiting I contacted DISH and asked where was my refund and final statement.I was told it is not company policy to issue final statements and my account did not show a balance remaining.Then I was told I had a refund of $19.38,I had subscribed to AT120w/locals.I took the refund and cancelled my service with DISH.I just do not see myself ever doing business with DISH again.I would recommend to everyone to keep an eye on their account and remember to get a refund.No matter how wrong it may be.:confused:

I've had numerous billing errors with dish, crazy charges and also credits that just keep showing up under new names. I have no clue what system they use for billing, but in my experience it is flakey. But like I said, sometimes flakey in my favor.

As for the CSR's and billing problems, I have never had any luck getting things fixed unless I threatened to cancel, then I get an person who is not outsourced and the problem gets resolved quickly.

When I signed up for DISH they charged me for 2 months to start.Then they also charged me on the second month.
When I cancelled DISH I expected a refund.After 2 months waiting I contacted DISH and asked where was my refund and final statement.I was told it is not company policy to issue final statements and my account did not show a balance remaining.Then I was told I had a refund of $19.38,I had subscribed to AT120w/locals.I took the refund and cancelled my service with DISH.I just do not see myself ever doing business with DISH again.I would recommend to everyone to keep an eye on their account and remember to get a refund.No matter how wrong it may be.:confused:

Yes, they charged me 2 months also. But I believe this was SOP. I had no problem with that. It was the following bills that are way off and charges for things I don't even have that get me mad. Then when you call and try to get it straightened out...nicely I might add...they act like they don't know what you are talking about and start getting dumb on you. I had to talk to this lady like she was a 2 year old before she understood that I HAVE MY PHONE LINE CONNECTED AND AM STILL BEING CHARGED. Geez...

I've had numerous billing errors with dish, crazy charges and also credits that just keep showing up under new names. I have no clue what system they use for billing, but in my experience it is flakey. But like I said, sometimes flakey in my favor.

As for the CSR's and billing problems, I have never had any luck getting things fixed unless I threatened to cancel, then I get an person who is not outsourced and the problem gets resolved quickly.

I haven't had a problem getting it fixed. It's just that it keeps showing up EVERY MONTH. Like it doesn't stick or the people don't fix it permanently or something. I refuse to keep calling every month. It's crazy.

Billing errors are a regular feature, it takes me about 10 minutes to work out my bill each month.
Club dish is the best, referrals don't show up, or do and then vanish... etc etc...

Yea, that's the problem I am having also. My referral paperwork still hasn't shown up. I was referred by someone else and got the $10.00/mo off deal.

CSRs and Techs at Dish have no vested interest in charging you more than necessary. Charlie does not circle the phone bank encouraging overbilling. In fact it probably counts against them if errors are found and noted by supervisors.

As a dealer for 9 years with Dish I have never seen an actual billing error, there is always a reason for every charge.

With that said, customers are issued credits for billing errors all the time because simply do not understand their bill. Its easier to give the customer a credit for something they are not entitled to, than argue with them over it and have the customer disconnect thinking they where over charged.

$4.99 access fees are not billing errors, its a result of the receivers not being connected to a phone line. If the receiver is connected to a phone line, then there is possibly a bad receiver or too much static on the phone line preventing a good connection.

I have seen bogus PPV charges, but I think thats due to a hacker with a duplicate smart card number downloading PPV purchases on their hacked receiver.

However there is an explaination for more of the bogus PPV!

The last thing Dish wants to do is over bill customers, they can underpay the dealers but we have no choice but to put up with it, but customers can always switch providers.

<replies inline and colored red> sorry, I thought it would be easier to see my replies and your post...

As a dealer for 9 years with Dish I have never seen an actual billing error, there is always a reason for every charge.

With that said, customers are issued credits for billing errors all the time because simply do not understand their bill. Its easier to give the customer a credit for something they are not entitled to, than argue with them over it and have the customer disconnect thinking they where over charged.

Wrong. In my case. They continued to charge the Programming access fee for the phone line, and "neglected" to get it fixed to the point that it would not happen again next month. Even they will go spacey sometimes. Just sitting there staring at the computer screen and saying "well how did that get thee" or "that charge isn't even supposed to be over here" and on and on like that. They do not know what is going on within the billing computers system. That's just my guess..as I do not work there..but when you dont know what is going on with the bill, it would seem to follow that you don't know what is going on with the person/thing that produces that bill.

$4.99 access fees are not billing errors, its a result of the receivers not being connected to a phone line. If the receiver is connected to a phone line, then there is possibly a bad receiver or too much static on the phone line preventing a good connection.

I had one tech lady tell me that the reason the line wasn't showing up is because I have a 1-900 number block on my phone. I laughed and said I am not taking that block off my phone. I have a young son and I don't want to give him the opportunity or temptation. Besides, I shouldnt have to.

Yes, they did reluctanly finally agree to send me a new box and test the old one. And pay to have it shipped. That's nice of them.

I have seen bogus PPV charges, but I think thats due to a hacker with a duplicate smart card number downloading PPV purchases on their hacked receiver.

However there is an explaination for more of the bogus PPV!

The last thing Dish wants to do is over bill customers, they can underpay the dealers but we have no choice but to put up with it, but customers can always switch providers.

Or, they could hire better quality of people at the Tech Support level. Or train them better. It always feels like they are throwing a book at you.

Ok, I am finished. Sorry that I posted so long but there was a lot of stuff I wanted to answer to. Like I said, I won't have Dish for much longer anyway...whether I like them or not. Soon as the leaves turn I will start losing piccture quality and that's the day I will have to make the call to change back to Comcast. :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)