Dish Bites

SolApathy

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
May 28, 2005
...So I have to go out of town for a few months...Dish lets me use this wonderful service called "Dish Pause" I start it in January & decide to resume my service today.

I had just leased a 942 in November for $250.00 so I could get HD services..Now they tell me my HD package is nolonger available. While Existing HD customers that have the 942 & the HD pack can continue to enjoy their programming servies I am SOL. Because the channel package is no longer available since the 942 has been replaced by the VIP series of MPEG 4 recievers.

They did offer to take the 942 off my hands by letting me send it back, & let me know I could always go out and buy a reciever directly.

Well guess what. DIsh Sucks...It is so apparent to me know that they care very little for their existing customers & only really care about bringing in the fresh meat...

I will never go back to Dish... I love the way their recievers operate compared to others but I draw the line when they essentially say "screw you we have ten new customers to replace you"

R.I.P.- Loyal Dish customer 1999-2006

I realize that the "old" HD pack is no longer available, but it does seem odd that they won't resume service that already included it. Their billing system must treat it the same as a new addition, thus the issue.

fyi: As a 942 leaser, you should be able to upgrade to the 622 for free, effectively...

I always think of that phrase "What have you done for me lately" when I see the monthly withdrawl on my checking account. There are very few promotions for existing customers, and if you see my thread about 'How long for CEO response', it's a pain to get them to honor the ones they do offer.

Having always done my own install work, equipment upgrades, etc, and paying for a package anually, they may think of me as a cheapskate, but I'm still a customer. I just wish I didn't get the feeling they were only tolerating me.

THat is what amazes me...I remember being told that 942 users would be upgraded to the new 622's......Apparently That was ust a bunch of smoke, mirrors, and hype

What the hell are you talking about? 942 users are being upgraded to 622's and basically for free. (some even for free). Stop complaining

lakebum431 said:
What the hell are you talking about? 942 users are being upgraded to 622's and basically for free. (some even for free). Stop complaining

...I would not be bitching IF I WAS OFFERED THAT.. I escalated all the way up to the Executive office & their only answer was for me to go out and buy a reciever... Perhaps you should read my ENTIRE post.

They standard offer for those with a 942 upgrading to a 622 is free right now (after credits)

You'll pay $199 to upgrade to a 622

When they receive your 942 you'll get a $100 credit

and when you enroll in the HD Bonus Back promotion after subbing to atleast DishHD Bronze, you'll receive $10 back for 10 months

Making your upgrade free

As I said...They did not offer that to me..If they had I WOULD have taken it.... THe Exec Office guy told me my only option was to buy one..

lakebum431 said:

...I would not be bitching IF I WAS OFFERED THAT.. I escalated all the way up to the Executive office & their only answer was for me to go out and buy a reciever... Perhaps you should read my ENTIRE post.

...And what the heck is up with the hostility. Crimeny. I make a statement about customer service I recieved...OYu think that kind of a response actually attracts people to this site?

Dish is well known for their customer service problems...If you have the time you could probably talk to 10 reps and get 5 different answers. I don't have the time to spend hours calling so I can re-escalate the call all the way to the exec level.

You should be able to call any CSR and get the standard 942 to 622 upgrade. If one CSR doesn't give it to you, then hang up and call again. Just ask for it. Don't say anything about the Pause program.

Now if you don't want any programming commitment, then you have to buy one.

...Well I called back ,went through escalation...Here is what I found out (this is retarded) Since I was on Dish Pause my HD pack was disabled. In order to get the 942--> 622 promotion you must have:

#1. A 942 Reciever
#2. An active account with HD programming.

Since I cannot get the HD pack for my 942 since the package was no longer offered after Feb I am still SOL. They told me I can cancel my account & wait 6 months or reactivate my account with normal programming & wait 6 months. At that point they can offer me the New customer/Existing cusomer promotion depending on what choice I make.

If I would have known all this I would have cancelled my service when I went overseas instead of just "pausing" it. It's just BS that their service is so screwed up when it comes to existing customers. Despite their problems I love the recievers Dish offer. I think they are the best out of them all & it ticks me off that I haeve to leave after all this time because they don't care enough about existing customers to fix the problem.

( I did try not telling them about the "pause" Unfortunately the main problem is that the HD pack is not active so I can't get the upgrade....ergh)

Last edited:
Yeah this is something that can be fixed! Like most folks have said you should be able to get a 622 and get a $100 credit. :)

SolApathy - I HEAR your "PAIN" - it is rediculous that a company like this cannot be more flexible and understanding - this is STUPID the way they are treating you!
Please write and esplain everything to ceo@dishnetwork.com and let us know IF they would rather work with you rather than LOSE you as a customer.:mad:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts