Dish Blew Over...Now Won't Work?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Mosnowman

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Aug 14, 2010
Midwest
I am pretty experienced aligning my Direct TV Dish while RVing. It blew over (tripod) last night and now I can't get any signals from any satellites? I use the RV tripod that you level and point at the satellite. Then all I need to do is slightly align the dish when attaching it to get a great signal. I have aligned it hundreds of times.

My questions...it blew the tripod over and can the impact of hitting the ground cause the LNB to go bad? I know the tripod and mast are level and pointed to the correct azimuth. I checked the elevation which is also correct. The tilt I am pretty sure is correct as well.

Thoughts?

Sure it can ...
Is the dish dented at all ?
I had that happen while down in Texas a few years back, very windy when near the beach.

The lnb could well have been damaged if it hit the pavement.

I would also check the coax connectors. My guess is that when the dish blew over it pulled on one of the coax connectors and the wire has pulled back into the connector. Yes, the LNB could have been damaged, but if this is an RV setup you probably had it on the grass or some kind of dirt so you could put spikes in the base to hold the tripod. Consequently, your dish probably landed on something softer than concrete.

Did you see any cracks in the LNB?

I would look that dish up and down. Check where the arm connects, check to make sure the dish is still in its proper shape, check for angled screws, checking all these will determine if the dish has been damaged

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts