DISH Blockbuster@Home vs Netflix

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Blackloz said:
I'd probably keep BB@home just for the extra channels alone and not even bother with the streaming or BD rentals

Many share the same thoughts, and look at the mail in DVD as a little bonus. I still have a BB open close to my house so it does have some value added value for me

While its not the best we have found some streaming at BB that is ok. I think the Hopper system had made streaming overall much better with VOD and such

I did check that out and it was terrible.
Really!?!? Sounds like you didn't give it a fair shot. Just click ALL at the top of the page and get the entire list of some 14,000 titles (which is what you asked for). Then search, sort, filter to your heart's content. Even add them to your queue directly from the IW site. Has a lot of extra info too like when titles are expiring, upcoming, best, worst, critics ratings, rotten tomato ratings, popularity. I think it's pretty amazing. You certainly can't find all that on Netflix's own site.

Really!?!? Sounds like you didn't give it a fair shot. Just click ALL at the top of the page and get the entire list of some 14,000 titles (which is what you asked for). Then search, sort, filter to your heart's content. Even add them to your queue directly from the IW site. Has a lot of extra info too like when titles are expiring, upcoming, best, worst, critics ratings, rotten tomato ratings, popularity. I think it's pretty amazing. You certainly can't find all that on Netflix's own site.

Thanks! I definitely will give it another shot!

Blockbuster DVD exchange appears to be back on track.

My recent experience:
Saturday: DVD picked up from my mailbox in mid-afternoon.
Monday: Email notification that my next Blu-Ray was shipped
Tuesday: Received Disk
Thursday: DVD picked up from my mailbox in mid-afternoon
Friday: Email notification that my next Blu-Ray was shipped

Up until this week, I was experiencing the same lag times that earlier posts were pointing out.

I'd probably keep BB@home just for the extra channels alone and not even bother with the streaming or BD rentals
While the on demand selection on my 722K dvr is rather slim compared to Netflix, there is still some worthwhile content. Since I don't subcribe to Starz, I can watch "Starz Original" programming that way. I watched the first episode of Boss Season 2 this way a couple of nights ago and re-watched all of Torchwood: Miracle Day in HD this past week also. Like I've said before, BB@H has saved me money by not needing to sub to either Starz or Encore. And living near a BBV store allows me to trade in mail order discs and get the latest movies for free (saving me ppv or Redbox fees).

Blockbuster DVD exchange appears to be back on track.

My recent experience:
Saturday: DVD picked up from my mailbox in mid-afternoon.
Monday: Email notification that my next Blu-Ray was shipped
Tuesday: Received Disk
Thursday: DVD picked up from my mailbox in mid-afternoon
Friday: Email notification that my next Blu-Ray was shipped

Up until this week, I was experiencing the same lag times that earlier posts were pointing out.

I've gotten three bad discs in a row from BB. I switched back to Netflix and have gotten no bad discs plus for me the turn around time is alot faster than BB since the shipping point is two hours away. I still keep BB for the extra HD channels. Maybe they'll straighten BB out one of these days.

Scherrman said:
I enjoyed the Epix channels and loved the fact I could get video games.

Same here for the video games, nice every now and then to do a in store exchange for a video game

We used Netflix for DVD/BD delivery. We switched to BB@H when Dish offered it to us as a promo. When the promo is over, we'll be switching back to Netflix. It's a little more expensive, but for just a few more $/month (w/Netflix), you get much more selection, much better delivery time, and there seems to be some sort of logic with what movies are sent to you according to you're cue.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts