Dish Boxes Better?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

directvfreak

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 12, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
One of my neighbors has an HD VIP211 from dish net. (there current MPEG 4 HD box) and it runs so much cooler than my 2 H-20s. Who makes dish boxes. This box feels just slightly above room temperature. How can this be?

There hasn't been a lot of failures reported on H20's, most are leased so Directv is responsible for failure, don't worry which is better. Be thankful Directv dosen't have the history of buggy equipment that DISH has. Yes the H20 has had some teething problems but they have been minor just read the bug reports on DISH here and on DBSTALKS.

boba said:
There hasn't been a lot of failures reported on H20's, most are leased so Directv is responsible for failure, don't worry which is better. Be thankful Directv dosen't have the history of buggy equipment that DISH has. Yes the H20 has had some teething problems but they have been minor just read the bug reports on DISH here and on DBSTALKS.

I totally agree with you. I had dish before I switched to directv and my 811 was very buggy. I had to reset it almost daily. I was just glad I didn't get sucked into a 942. SO far my H20 has been pretty solid except the slow guide.

2 D10-300's and a H10 here for 12 months and they've all been flawless!

I can't speak for the HD side of things, but I totally agree with the buggy Dish hardware / software comments. I recently switched back from E* to D* when I found some good deals on s2 dtivos. The real problem with Dish isn't so much their hardware but their software updates. They're notorious for fixing bugs and then re-introducing them six months down the road after another (ill tested) software update. To make matters worse, it seems like they're always jacking with the software on the boxes. I think the longest lived firmware for the 522 was three or four months (and it was buggy as hell). My experiences now and in the past with D* have and continue to trend towards the thing 'just working'. With Dish I was always watching the forums here looking for horror stories of the latest 'limited release' (READ: test on unsuspecting customers) firmware upgrade and hoping my receiver wouldn't get targeted for it.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts