Dish Called Today

bkeesler

Original poster
Jan 14, 2006
Hello all. Was told I got a call from Dish today, saying that they needed to schedule a service call to adjust my Dish setup. Said the service would be free. I just noticed that my HD channels are not working (black screen) so I'm assuming it is related to this. I've always done all of my installs & upgrades, and own all of my equipment with the exception of a leased 622. I also carry no maintenance package. My question is, why are they offerring to do this and wt are they going to do? I would just assume continue to do my own work--keeps me sharp. plus I don't have to worry about missing work to wait on a tech. Thanks in advance!

Welcome to SatelliteGuys....There is a post that list cities that are changing from Eastern arch to Western arch, so your locals might be moving to a new sat.

They are probably going to put you on the Eastern or Western Arc. What this entails is changing out your dish antenna which will get 3 satellites all in one. If you are Eastern Arc, they will change out any non MPEG4 receivers that you have because MPEG4 is a requirement for that arc. If it isn't going to cost you anything, definitely get the work done. Dish is migrating everyone to either arc so that they are able to move channels around between the satellites and keep it transparent to the subscriber.

Not sure why I would need anything. I currently have a Dish 1000.2 (I think) pointed at 110, 119, & 129, plus have a wing dish pointed at 61.5 from the old days. I think I am Western Arc currently, and my DMA is probably Champaign/Springfield IL. I really hope they are mistaken--it is really getting old having to replace dishes every couple of years. 300, 500, Super, 1000...I think they do this just to punish those of us who prefer to buy our equipment and install ourselves.

Maybe their records don't reflect that you already have a Western Arc configuration. That is the correct configuration for Champaign which all of it's locals on 119 and 129. It doesn't sound like you need to do a thing. Give them a call and tell them what you have and that there is no reason for a home visit.

Thanks everyone for your input. They probably still have an old Dish 500 listed on my account, so I'll have to call them and update their records. Took time to look at my HD issue--of course it was just a 622 which needed a reboot. We all need a reboot every now and then.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)