dish cancels service call

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

stone phillips420

On Vacation
Original poster
Oct 20, 2004
earth
dish cancelled my service call for a pending ra for a 7200 smartcard, my yellow card the other day said smart card not inserted correctly so i setup for a replacement, as soon as i got off the phone my yellow started functioning the way it should so when the card was received this afternoon it was refused

I had a service call setup today between 8-12 to setup 8th receiver, i called them them today and they say it was cancelled but they have no idea why, so now they are scheduled for friday 8-12, now for the inconvenience they can rewire all my boxes from switchs on their dime

if a service call is cancelled they should let customer know at least 24 hours in advance as thats what dish requires from customer if they cancel service call

dish drops ball again no surprise, needless to say im an unhappy camper with dish
thanks for listening to my rant
Wake up dish treat customers as you would like to be treated

yup im now apparently gonna wait till friday, they are gonna have there work cutout for them as i will now require they run all new lines from switches to boxes, and any other work i can think of from now till then to cause them as much aggravation as they have caused me. A phone call would have been nice maybe yesterday but i got nothing not surprising as i sent ceo@dishnetwork.com an email 9 days ago and have still heard no response

no im talking about adding a 8th receiver to my account, no replacements
8 receivers on residential account, it can be done just need to spend about 2 weeks on phone with dish audit team arguing and a few long phone calls to executive offices

Hardly! Cable charges $5 per box ($10 if it's a DVR) just like dish does, and you can't cut corners by having dual tuner boxes.

Out here comcast is a real pain in the butt, needless to say I've had them somehow miss, screw up on, or "wow it's cancelled and nobody knows why!" on me 3 times before, and those were all long 5 hour wait periods!

Finally, they did send someone out to run a line from the drop, but guess what -- they didn't tell me! I was downstairs making some coffee and all of the sudden someone's at the door, yikes!

cable suxs i hate cable I'll never go back to cable tv imho
OoTLink said:
Hardly! Cable charges $5 per box ($10 if it's a DVR) just like dish does, and you can't cut corners by having dual tuner boxes.

Out here comcast is a real pain in the butt, needless to say I've had them somehow miss, screw up on, or "wow it's cancelled and nobody knows why!" on me 3 times before, and those were all long 5 hour wait periods!

Finally, they did send someone out to run a line from the drop, but guess what -- they didn't tell me! I was downstairs making some coffee and all of the sudden someone's at the door, yikes!
It would have been nice and courtious for dish to call me and let me know, but i guess thats expecting too much

I remember a similar issue when I had superdish+locals on order, I called to add programming. They told me that a customer could only have one thing outstanding at a time, so I would either need to wait till after the SD workorder was closed to add programming, or it would get rescheduled if I wanted to add it now. Sounds like a stupid system to me.

hey pepper i replied to the original pm sent please read thanks

If dish cant call customer to tell them there not coming maybe for my next bill ill send them a check and stop payment w/o telling them, lets see how they like it.

Dish your playing games with my money

"playing with my money is like playing with my emotions"- big worm
Friday

oh I'm never going back to cable TV, I have it for internet for the moment, and boy am I glad it's temporary!

Just a quick rant but in the meantime there's a billing mess too, they're charging me for a whole 3 weeks I didn't have any service due to that lack of installing properly, so I called yesterday and after a few transfers, they said it'd be taken care of.. right? $54 credit for that month I didn't have it..

Speaking of which, I still have a digital box I don't want, don't need, and they're charging me $5 a month for because none of their techs have picked it up. @*&#%

So I check their site this morning to see if the billing changes were up yet, and there are billing changes, they're up indeed, but they don't have anything to do with the credit -- no they're charging $21 for an "additional outlet".

Additional outlet? I didn't have a *&@%#ing outlet to begin with! Geez you'd think after screwing up the appointment 3 times and having me wait 15 hours for nothing, they'd not have the guts to do THAT.

*sigh*

stone phillips420 said:
yup im now apparently gonna wait till friday, they are gonna have there work cutout for them as i will now require they run all new lines from switches to boxes, and any other work i can think of from now till then to cause them as much aggravation as they have caused me. A phone call would have been nice maybe yesterday but i got nothing not surprising as i sent ceo@dishnetwork.com an email 9 days ago and have still heard no response

What makes you think they will do all that extra work just because you tell them too?

If the other 7 work fine, they will laugh at you.

This isn't a penalty box situation. Are you the dish CEO?

philhu said:
What makes you think they will do all that extra work just because you tell them too?

If the other 7 work fine, they will laugh at you.

This isn't a penalty box situation. Are you the dish CEO?
I feel the other 7 receivers could be put in better location throughout my house right now im being crippled as all my phoneline must be plugged in at all times, so that means for the time being my receivers are all in rooms that have phone lines, so my basement setup is not being utilized now as there is no phoneline in that room
dish may laugh at me, but i guarantee you the people they send out will not laugh at me after they see how upset i am with their company

Well good luck with that. Sorry that things got screwed up, but things happen. Take a little time and cool off. It will help you in the long run. I can tell you it's not gonna do you any good to jump down the guy who shows up to do the work. It's like screaming at the guy at Burger King that makes your Wopper, you may get some extra Mayo on that Burger (If you know what I mean).

They are not gonna rewire your house for free just because you want to be a pain. If you had a problem with the install you should have said something then. Be nice and explain what you need done they may help you out. Be a jerk and you may have them walk off the job.

stone phillips420 said:
dish cancelled my service call for a pending ra for a 7200 smartcard, my yellow card the other day said smart card not inserted correctly so i setup for a replacement, as soon as i got off the phone my yellow started functioning the way it should

I had a service call setup today between 8-12 to setup 8th receiver, i called them them today and they say it was cancelled but they have no idea why, so now they are scheduled for friday 8-12, now for the inconvenience they can rewire all my boxes from switchs on their dime

if a service call is cancelled they should let customer know at least 24 hours in advance as thats what dish requires from customer if they cancel service call

dish drops ball again no surprise, needless to say im an unhappy camper with dish
thanks for listening to my rant
Wake up dish treat customers as you would like to be treated

I gaurantee you I WONT be re-wiring your intire system just becaus E* dropped the ball. Its not the installers fault...hes just the installer. remember that! take it up with customer service not with me.

At least they're rescheduling for later in the same week. When my locals became available on superdish November 2 yrs ago, I immediately called to order the dish installation. I was scheduled for two weeks later in mid November. It snowed the night before the install was scheduled, so I anticipated the call from dish to reschedule the install. The only thing I didn't expect was the reschedule date was for MARCH!.. Apparently there was a backlog of install orders, and if you missed your scheduled date, you were bumped to the end of the list. Shortly after the missed November install, the 811 was release and I qualified to receive it at a really good price. I called to order one toward the end of November and was told that since I had an existing work order (FOR MARCH!!) that I had to wait until that work was done before adding another work order. Nothing I did, not even calls to the executive CSR's could move the March date. The executive CSR's were able to add the 811 to my March work order though...

- Paul

Dave nye said:
Well good luck with that. Sorry that things got screwed up, but things happen. Take a little time and cool off. It will help you in the long run. I can tell you it's not gonna do you any good to jump down the guy who shows up to do the work. It's like screaming at the guy at Burger King that makes your Wopper, you may get some extra Mayo on that Burger (If you know what I mean).

They are not gonna rewire your house for free just because you want to be a pain. If you had a problem with the install you should have said something then. Be nice and explain what you need done they may help you out. Be a jerk and you may have them walk off the job.
I fully intend to be polite and courteous but that does mean i wont voice my frustrations with their company to them, I do however expect a rewire from switches to boxes so that they be put back in their proper location. If this is done I would obviously tip them if it is satisfactory work. I understand your burger king analogy in fact i went to wendys last night late night and the burger i order was not how i ordered it, i have no done anything yet but they also will be getting a call from me, because if you cant get someone's food right you shouldn't be serving food.

ITK said:
I gaurantee you I WONT be re-wiring your intire system just becaus E* dropped the ball. Its not the installers fault...hes just the installer. remember that! take it up with customer service not with me.
You know there lies yet the biggest problem customer service, when you call dish's main number the person on the other side of the phone is the socially inept and it astounds me that they are able to put their shoes on every morning

I know this thread has already been blow out of proportion cause my world wont end but I would like dish to see that Im not the only one being treated like this and maybe they should Rethink Customer Service directv's rethink pun intended

Van and Dave is right. Unless you're willing to pay Dish to rewire the whole home, Dish won't allow ANY sort of rewires just because you've had a case of buyer's remorse over the years. The only way a rewire occurs is if you have serious signal problems. Sorry

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)