DISH can't change name on accounts!?

Well I tried to setup an account on my own after my ex- decided to move the service after all (I guess she doesn't get free satellite). Anyway, thanks to my less than perfect credit I didn't qualify for the DHA.

My other choice is to go to the other satellite guys, but I like the ViP 622 since I can watch my recorded shows on either of my TVs.

Going to D* won't work. They changed policy a few months ago to reduce the numbers of low credit worthy customers. It's harder to get D* now if your credit is not that good.

Claude- note that she moved the service. It's gone.

Hey everyone,

She actually was the one who called Dish to switch the account to my name, not me. I was with her and we both ended up talking to the guy.

I ended up going with D*-I am not happy since I liked the Vip 622, but it was about $75 less to get service versus paying $300 toward the 622 and a receiver for a 3rd TV. In fact, the $225 is for their HD DVR Plus, which unfortunately is not a 2 room system like the 622. So if I didn't want the HD DVR I wouldn't have had to pay anything.

Ultimately, I would prefer to stay with Dish but she doesn't want to have an account here in her name. I still think its ridiculous they were so unwilling to make me the primary on the account.

But they were willing to make you the primary, only your credit score sucked and you weren't eligible for free stuff. I'm certainly no Dish lover but in this case your lack of credit worthiness is the center of the issue.

Trust me, I understand the need of businesses to limit non-pays. Hell, I work for a cable company (unfortunately I live outside the footprint). We certainly ask for a show of good faith from people with credit issues, but usually that's prepayment of the first bill at the time of install.

But needless to say D* didn't give me any hangups due to my credit (which I am working hard to repair) and I just had to pay the lease fee for the HD DVR.

I guess the good news is that I can get WGN in HD now though!

"...I still think its ridiculous they were so unwilling to make me the primary on the account...."

Yes, and something doesn't sound right. D* has been making big noises about how they've cut down on "lower tier" customers. Yet D* found you fine, E* less so. ??? Marketing noise, Sales reality?

If you did not establish the account, they legally cannot change anything on the account, "just because you say so". The owner of the account is the only one who can make changes to the account, not his/her proxies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts