Dish Class Action Law Suit?

Dude, read my post, and go to the website. I can't keep arguing a fact with you. Dish still has and advertises HD for life, which by the way has nothing, zip, nada to with the Platinum/Blockbuster package. HD for life is a no additional cost to get HD in your packages, rather than pay $10. You paid by auto pay and I think paperless billing, or paid a one time charge of $99 and got HD for no charge. If you didn't want to do either of those things, you paid $10 for HD. That has nothing to do with the package you are talking about. You had the Blockbuster package in September of last year, but it was called by a different name, Platinum. And when the name changed, they added some more free benefits. Take some time and read my replies and try to digest that, and I think you will see you are getting more than you did before, not less. You are mistaken that Dish did anything wrong.

I don't want more - because more always ends up costing more in the long run. Leave my packages and bill ALONE! DO NOT CHANGE THEM.

That's my point. I had HD FREE FOR LIFE, have it written on the bills in our bill file, and it is no longer on my account. Somewhere, during the last several months, Dish removed it when they modified the packages.

We have reviewed our options, removed the blockbusted package, and will probably not take dish with us when we sell our house and move later this year.

It's been a great ride, but we have gone from about $60.00 per month when we started to a high of $155.00 per month - for the last several bills. During the "freeze" our bill went from $135.00 to $155.00 and Dish "can't explain what happened."

I can explain, it's greed, plain and simple, and I am not going to foot the bill for the NFL or Charlie's mergers any more.

Wow if your an existing customer you get to choose the following...

#1 (4) Free months of blockbuster by mail
#2 (5) Free PPV Coupons
#3 A $15 one-time bill credit

If you are no longer a customer, you may receive 2-4 months of Free Blockbuster.

Looks like Dish got off cheap on this lawsuit, as with the retailer class action lawsuit many retailers like myself got a check in excess of $10,000

Looks like he is still paying for HD250 which is $10/mo. I don't think he ever had HD FFL. If he did, then mistakes were made and intelligent folks such as Dish IRT can fix it.

Already asked Mary in DIRT to look at account and all she did was apologize. If she wants to re-look into the account she already has my account number and contact information.

I am not going to chase a "mistake" down. That's Dish's job, to get it right so the customer does not have to.

Already asked Mary in DIRT to look at account and all she did was apologize. If she wants to re-look into the account she already has my account number and contact information.

I am not going to chase a "mistake" down. That's Dish's job, to get it right so the customer does not have to.

I'm starting to think that Dish is probably hoping you are moving into your new house sooner than later! :rolleyes:

...One thing I know with absolute certainty is: In these class action suits, the lawyers never lose. And if they "win" in court, they get richer. And the participants get peanuts. Over and over and over again. And it's undermining our country.
Exactly...I, unknowingly, was part of a class action against eBay, and received a check, back in December, for a whopping 9 cents. WOW...REALLY???

See on your bill where if says HD250Free ($10/mo). That is your free HD for life. So You are getting the HD channels in the AT250 free.

We can afford the changes, but I shudder to think what the increase in costs is going to be in February 2013. If they acquire AT&T, or as the most recent FCC filing suggests, AT&T acquires Dish, I am betting the costs will go through the ceiling.

You've been here long enough to know better than this. Every year the rumor comes around that AT&T is going to buy Dish. It never happens and probably never will. Dish is in the habit of BUYING companies, not being bought.

There is a serious lack of education and or common sense showing around here.

Exactly...I, unknowingly, was part of a class action against eBay, and received a check, back in December, for a whopping 9 cents. WOW...REALLY???

you got exactly 9 times more than me lol...Got a check for the unbelievable amount of .01 c. wasn't worth the paper it was printed on let alone the postage.

The new online site debuted on 2-1 and there have been reports of issues with programming information not displaying correctly. DISH is working to correct all the online issues ASAP. HD Free for Life is on your account and was never removed. Your account has never been billed for the HD programming.

He even showed us all his bill and the HD free is there in black and white.

chicagonettech said:
Setting the "queue to zero" deletes the package and, subsequently, the channels listed in the grid.

No, have no movies in your queue simply means you get no discs. They can't and won't stop charging you ten dollars, even more so if their are other features that you could be using. Nice try.

And quite frankly, I'm going to sound mean, but you don't make any sense. A company can't force you to start using a feature. They changed the name of the HD platinum package to Blockbuster Movie Pass (now Blockbuster @ Home). As HD Platinum the package cost $10 extra. In this change they added the feature to get DVDs and Blu-Ray Discs mailed to your house, one disc at a time. Everyone began with zero in their queue. That queue stays at zero and doesn't delete unless you cancel.

Now this package has nothing to do with HD free for life. You still are not charged for channels like TNT, USA, ESPN, etc. If you cancel Blockbuster, you still get those channels, you lose access to EPIX 1-3, MGM, HDNet Movies, Universal HD, etc. Those channels were always $10. The only way you could of had that package free was if you were getting them as the 30th anniversary gift. That was a one year offer.

So I'm calling shenanigans on this one. Either you really don't poses the knowledge and, despite understanding net tech, be clueless about Dish Net, or you are after some free money and cooked up this scheme. Which, would be completely flawed.

And finally, does the term " SUBJECT TO CHANGE" mean anything to you. Stop telling me and other people who know a heck of a lot more than me that we don't know what we are talking about.

Last edited:
Wow if your an existing customer you get to choose the following...

#1 (4) Free months of blockbuster by mail
#2 (5) Free PPV Coupons
#3 A $15 one-time bill credit

If you are no longer a customer, you may receive 2-4 months of Free Blockbuster.

Looks like Dish got off cheap on this lawsuit, as with the retailer class action lawsuit many retailers like myself got a check in excess of $10,000

It looks like the lawyers will make up to $817,500 in fees in this settlement.

I wonder if they will accept PPV coupons instead of cash :D

We can afford the changes, but I shudder to think what the increase in costs is going to be in February 2013. If they acquire AT&T, or as the most recent FCC filing suggests, AT&T acquires Dish, I am betting the costs will go through the ceiling.

Every year I hear that AT&T is going to buy Dish. Not going to happen unless Charlie wants to sell. He owns 51% of the stock and controls 80% of the votes. Much more likely hell would freeze over.

digitalblue said:
Every year I hear that AT&T is going to buy Dish. Not going to happen unless Charlie wants to sell. He owns 51% of the stock and controls 80% of the votes. Much more likely hell would freeze over.

You are right. AT&T has a better chance of reviving its bid for T-Mobile. Unless they have concrete evidence, not just hear say, they should let it go.

I agree . As long as Charlie has 51% of the votes in stock, he will never sell . Unless he wants to ditch DISH and concentrate on another new venture. As far as I can see, he is trying to expand his current empire and create a wireless system for phone service too. I don't see him investing all that money on spectrum and other companies like Hughes net, to just sell it out to the highest bidder.

I agree . As long as Charlie has 51% of the votes in stock, he will never sell . Unless he wants to ditch DISH and concentrate on another new venture. As far as I can see, he is trying to expand his current empire and create a wireless system for phone service too. I don't see him investing all that money on spectrum and other companies like Hughes net, to just sell it out to the highest bidder.

I wouldn't rule it out completely. Charlie probably has his price. Even if Dish is not his focus, it may well be part of whatever his ultimate vision is. Any price for Dish would likely be weighed against that larger picture and how it would be affected without Dish, not just the actual book value of Dish today.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)