Dish Coax Installation Question

tjcnole

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Aug 26, 2004
Pensacola, Fl
I'm considering getting a dish installed. I can't decide on D* or E* just yet, but I have a question as to how much coax the installers will put in my house. I would like to hook up 3 TVs. My big screen tv will be easy to get to, but the other 2 would require some attic work to pull new coax. Is this included in the "free" installation package or would I have to pay extra? Also I have considered running the new coax myself, but I"m concerned about how much to leave for the dish hook up outside. Also I want a DVR type receiver on my big tv and a triple LNB type dish.

I don't know if there is a certain length of coax you are allowed with a free installation but I do know that pulling it through walls is not included and will cost extra. As far as doing it yourself that should not be a problem just leave plenty of extra at the dish installation point to be sure....

You get 100-150 foot of cabling per reciever included in the installation. It depends on the installer if he will charge you extra for certain things pertaining to your installation. The wire should be 2.2 GHZ (2200 MHZ) so that it is DishPro adaptable if you are getting Dish Network.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)