DISH Comcast Dispute?

Dish Tells FCC It Will Seek Arbitration Over NBCU Impasse
http://www.broadcastingcable.com/ne...798?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter
Dish has notified NBCUniversal and the FCC that it plans to seek arbitration in its carriage impasse with the programmer.

Dish is invoking a condition in the Comcast/NBCU deal.

"This notice triggers a mandatory 10-day ‘cooling off period’ during which Dish and NBCUniversal can continue negotiating and affected programming is required to remain available to DISH customers," said the satellite operator.

How do you know?
With most renewals both sides probably dont get what they want ;)
Regardless, C-NBCU did not play this well. Stirring the feathers, trying to intimidate customers and blaming Dish for everything, when they were contractually obligated to do so no earlier than 72 hours prior to the contract's end, and then only in certain circumstances. I hope the court slaps C-NBCU's hand bad for breach of contract. Dish remained silent as per the contract, so Comcast has no leg to stand on so far as that issue is concerned.

You're thinking of a mediator. An Arbirator will actually decide for both sides, and decision is final. A mediator will have both sides meet in the middle and come to agreeable terms(I learned this ironically enough on USA's 'Fairly Legal'. Granted it was reinforced in my law class last semester, these are just two forms of Alternate Dispute Resolutions(ADR).
You are correct. Both sides submit their best offer and the arbiter will decide which one is acceptable.
[quote[According to the FCC's rules on arbitration outlined in its approval of the Comcast-NBCU merger, Dish would have to notify the agency and provide a summary of the dispute soon after it announces its intent to seek arbitration. In about 10 business days, Dish must make a formal filing with the American Arbitration Association outlining its "final offer" for the programming. NBCU would then have the opportunity to submit a final offer.

An arbiter tapped by the FCC and American Arbitration Association will decide the final result within 90 days of being appointed. That decision can be appealed to the FCC.[/quote]
http://www.nasdaq.com/article/dish-...s-tweets--update-20160315-01235#ixzz43OTmoRXj

How do I know... Let's see, there is no contract signed yet, and er Comcast can't remove the channels as they have threatened. Hence, Comcast blinked. Would love to follow the lawsuit. I'm sure it will be dropped as part of the settlement, but would love to see Dish keep it separate and take them to the cleaners. Unfortunately, you cannot go antiDish on this one Ice... Comcast shot themselves in the foot, twice. Dish called their bluff, and is going all in.

Reactions: Jim S. and KAB
How is this baseless? Their contract reads that they cannot warn that channels will be removed(either party) until within 72 hours of expiration. That would be the 17th. When did the scrolling start? Prior to Thirsday, that's for damn sure. Also, there is no claim to be investigated. Comcast doesn't have the authority to remove channels, if dish opts for arbitration, as prescribed by the state department and the FCC. Sounds like you are going in this biased already. Comcast are the sleaze balls here, without doubt. And just a reminder, those claims that Dish was going to drop them... Also a lie. Comcast would have been the only one that could have removed them if they didn't get the price they wanted, but that wouldn't serve their purpose. Everything they said was about as truthful and correct as what you find on their MSNBC... The fact that we are arguing this is asinine... Here, just for your reading pleasure, I'll leave this:
http://deadline.com/2016/03/dish-ne...ation-settle-dispute-nbcuniversal-1201722943/

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts