Dish Commitment Agreement

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Arimapatch

Original poster
May 27, 2009
Denver, CO
I am seriously considering switching from cable to satellite so I am checking out DirecTv and Dish Network. I tried reading Dish Network"s Comitment Agreement (Digital Home Advantage Promotion Agreement) online but it is illegible. I called and spoke to a customer support rep who refused to provide me a copy by email or snail mail. I then used their chat and requested the same from the online rep. He promised to email it out to me. I still do not have it.

Is this the typical customer service experience to be expected from Dish Network? Just this non-performance from their customer service reps makes me lean heavily to DirecTv even though I favor Dish's equipment and programming for my needs. telll me it ain't so with Dish.:mad:

Arimapatch

In the contract you are committing to keeping DISH Network for 24 months. Prices are subject to change. Early cancellation fees are prorated.

Mixed bag. I have been with Dish for over 10 years and for the most part have had completely acceptable service, sometimes even stellar. Most (all?) of the CSR phone activity has been sent off-shore and folks including me have highly variable results with that, largely due to language issues and the fact that those operators are mostly "scripted", meaning when something takes them off-script they often don't have the right answers. When I have something "complex" to handle I will either use the on-line chat or call tech service. (On-line has multiple components to it as well.) Once you get installed and activated the quality and reliability of the equipment is top notch and the programming is improving for HD customers like me...

Welcome, BTW...

For your best deal and service, do NOT order through Dish, rather call Dishstore.

If you are unsure about wanting a contract you can pay $99 and decline the contract. That way you get the deals and can cancel at anytime.

dish contract is $300, prorated at $12.50 a month each month remaining. You must have at least dishfamily or higher to avoid termination fee. all eq is leased and must be returned when de-activated. pricing and programming subject to change. 24month agreement.

Directv is $480. Not sure how or if they prorate. 24month agreement.

Cable...well cable just sucks.

also, its not that dish csr refuse to send you email or mail a contract, he doesn't have the tools to be able to do so from his workstation.

I not make myself very clear. I mean to say if you downgrade below dishfamily, you have violated contract and will be charge the termination fee.
Well, if you go below Dish Family, you're gone, so I guess you're right.;)

Mixed bag. I have been with Dish for over 10 years and for the most part have had completely acceptable service, sometimes even stellar. Most (all?) of the CSR phone activity has been sent off-shore and folks including me have highly variable results with that, largely due to language issues and the fact that those operators are mostly "scripted", meaning when something takes them off-script they often don't have the right answers. When I have something "complex" to handle I will either use the on-line chat or call tech service. (On-line has multiple components to it as well.) Once you get installed and activated the quality and reliability of the equipment is top notch and the programming is improving for HD customers like me...

Welcome, BTW...

Thanks to you and the others who posted replies so quickly. It seems that Dish's programming and equipment are revered even though their customer service is seriously deficient. I have perused some of the additional forums and they are a great avenue for information to a newbie like me. Thanks again.

Arimapatch

They still have the locals-only package available below the Family package, but it isn't qualified programming. :) It'd be interesting to know how many subs of that type there are. I can't imagine it is very many.

You would be surprised. lots of old ladies with dead husbands out there

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)