Dish Contract Question?

Lolly

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Dec 12, 2006
Hi,

I know when I first signed up for Dish a few yrs agoit was to be for a 1 yr. contact...

But, since then I have never signed anything after I yr deal ..

So, doe's this mean I am NOT in a Contract with them and only a month to month basic deal with them ??

Or can they Auto put me in a contract with out my knowing it ?

Which isn't fair if thats the case .

AFAIK, if you've been with Dish for at least 18 months, you're not under contract and free to leave without penalty. Most Dish contracts are for 12 or 18 months.

Remember that you prepay for your service, so when you leave, you should get a prorated refund.

And :welcome
and goodbye :wave

Remember that you prepay for your service, so when you leave, you should get a prorated refund.

hee hee

try and get your money back from Dish. They still have $15 of the last time I was with them. They mysteriously can't find me in their system

Companies can't bind you to a contract without your consent. Cell phone companies (some of them) had their contracts written that you needed to contact them that you plan to cancel at the end of your term, but you had to tell them during a certain time frame. If you failed to, they automatically re-enrolled you for another term (12 mo, 24 mo, etc). Can't remember what that was called... "green" something or other... Anyway, it's no longer allowed.

Now, with Dish, if you, for example, trade in a receiver for a newer one, part of that deal is often to re-up you on a contract.

and from the residential customer agreement, payments are nonrefundable so if you cancel, be sure to do so as close to the billing cycle as possible.

Now a few wks back they had to replace a bad receiver but I dont recall any of the papers I signed saying I was extending my contract or renewing one .

Wonder If they fooled me ? Sure hope not

The guy said it was over his repair that I was signing for.

I did try to look at the papers while he was away from them didnt seem to be anything on renewing a contract.

If ones Contract perhaps is over with why isn't Dish trying to Bite me in with offers to resign up and Ect.?

If ones Contract perhaps is over with why isn't Dish trying to Bite me in with offers to resign up and Ect.?

Because you pay in advance. If you don't send your payment back on time, they cut you off when the kitty runs dry. The contract is just to ensure that they get enough months from you to cover the cost of subsidized equipment and installations.

Also, was wondering does Dish Ever offer a for Free Pay Per view Movie from time to time?

If so why doesn't some of us get this offer ?

Yes, but they use a coupon or certificate for free Pay Per view movies. If you get one, you must order the movie thru remote control using you phone line. DN does that to promote the phone line connected to you receiver and learn to use it. Don't expect to get many of them.

Jose.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)