Dish Contract

briansanders007

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 24, 2003
Has anyone ever been able to get out of a dish contract? I have been a customer a year+ but got a super dish upgrade that recommitted for a year. I have about 9mos left on that. The problem is that I have accepted a job opportunity in another country. What are my options since they won't have dish where I'm going. (London) At this point I think downgrading is stupid because I wont even be able to use the dish.

You pay $5/month fee to seasonal disconnect but the contract states that you MUST keep AT60+locals for a year or you must pay the $240 cancellation fee.

you should call them up first and make sure you do have a contract. i wish i did that earlier. i was under the impression i was under a year contract for the 811. i called up four months early then when my contract was supposed to be up to get the exact date and they told me i was under no contract. i canceled the next day. i am now enjoying a working hddvr and paying about half as what i was and get more channels and more hd.

yeah for post number 1000.

korsjs said:
you should call them up first and make sure you do have a contract. i wish i did that earlier. i was under the impression i was under a year contract for the 811. i called up four months early then when my contract was supposed to be up to get the exact date and they told me i was under no contract. i canceled the next day. i am now enjoying a working hddvr and paying about half as what i was and get more channels and more hd.

yeah for post number 1000.

I assume you meant you went to D*?

no, i went to cable. i don't want to become a new customer with directv until the new mpeg4 receivers come out. remember, you can only be a new customer once. i currently have the scientific atlantic 8300 and it performs like a charm.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)