DISH COVERAGE OF OLYMPICS

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Compared to what I would have said, she was being kind. Are they going to soon acknowledge there is an Olympics going on???

well just got done chatting with "advanced" tech support who advised me the 922 does not have the ability to download the app. He said I have to be watching an Olympic channel and at certain times a prompt will come up and then I can access the app for that time frame. He also advised the 922 does not have the ability to download any other apps. Fail - so lame. Anyway I hope he is wrong, if not what I waste of technology. There is no reason the 922 should not be able to do these things.

Sorry, didn't see you had a 922. I was thinking Hopper.

The Olympic app seems to work well on my Hopper (press the blue button). It has what's on and what channel and you can tune to the channels from there, plus it has medal counts. Kinda cool actually.

I'm trying hard not to add NBC Sports tonight so that I can see more events as I have the 200 package (with the 2 channels that are broadcasting blank screens, but I think the soccer channel is playing Olympic music)

Dish has a Gold Promotion on where you upgrade to AT250 and they rebate the difference back to you in the form of a debit card in 4-6 weeks.

If you are at AT120 you get a $25 card, AT200 gets you a $10 card.

than after 30 days drop back and you are flush - well pertnear flush.

Compared to what I would have said, she was being kind. Are they going to soon acknowledge there is an Olympics going on???
Opening ceremonies are never about the Olympics. They are about the host country. That is what China did at the last one.

The problem with this year's opening ceremony is the video director. He is doing an absolutely awful job of calling the proper shots, and switching from shot to shot in a way that captures just how cool the live activities are. The video production is a haphazard mess. It's a shame that so many people's hard work is simply not being noticed.

I notice what is going on there, as I have spent almost a lifetime in live event production. And, it is impressive. But, most people, like yourself, just see what appears to be a bunch of people randomly prancing about, with no point or coherence. It's a damn shame.

Well I have been watching events on both msnbc and nbc all morning, and I mean all morning, and have yet to see any pop up for me to access the olympic app on my 922. Very disappointed although not surprised in dish's misuse of available technologies.

Sent from my phone using SatelliteGuys sweet app

I'm sure those with 3D capabilities would enjoy the Olympics in 3D but how about Dish providing all subs all the NBC channels carrying the Olympics? I'm an at200 sub and I don't get NBCSPN or USN. It's nice Dish can add channels dedicated to basketball and soccer, but let's be real give us the basics first!
I realize there is more to it than just turning on the channels for everyone, however Dish has had 4 years to negotiate the proper agreements. It certainly would make most subs feel special and that Dish actually cares about us!

Ross

singhnx01 said:
NBC online and their two apps on Itunes and Android market will provide live coverage of every single event for Olympics as long as you subscribe to right package on Dish , Direct TV or cable

Thanks for mentioning that NBC finally put up android apps.i had checked on Wednesday when I found the iOS apps for my iPad and they weren't in the play store yet. FYI there are actually 4 android apps if you include USN and Telemundo...

edit: ohh, i see, another thread explains it well.

what am i missing? it appears if i upgrade to 250 i get the other channels.what's the "SPECIAL" deal? i can pay $10 more a month anytime. i know i must be missing something

seriously, just give us 2 weeks of 250 for good will.

what a waste to pay us back with debit cards, all the postage fees, employee processing etc.

You guys really don't understand the business. If 1 mil subs takes the dish gold offer...& get the at250 & then if 100k subs retain it after Olympics....do the math.

What package do you need to get the Olympic channels 147 and 148?

I have AT 250 and the Fox sports packages but the 2 Olympic channels are red in my guide.

147 & 148 are not available in Alaska. They're red in my guide and no way to activate them even though I have the necessary equipment to view them. I wish Dish would change their policy on Alaska and Hawaii.

Opening ceremonies are never about the Olympics. They are about the host country. That is what China did at the last one.

The problem with this year's opening ceremony is the video director. He is doing an absolutely awful job of calling the proper shots, and switching from shot to shot in a way that captures just how cool the live activities are. The video production is a haphazard mess. It's a shame that so many people's hard work is simply not being noticed.

I notice what is going on there, as I have spent almost a lifetime in live event production. And, it is impressive. But, most people, like yourself, just see what appears to be a bunch of people randomly prancing about, with no point or coherence. It's a damn shame.
As a former commercial film director, I agree with only half of what you said. Danny Boyle is a film director as well.. NOT an TV studio control room director. which is what you implied he failed at. What he did was create a wealth of visuals (total footage)....but no way to edit them live...or get rid of what should have been on the cutting room floor. As a one camera director, he overstepped his experience. That is what we saw.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)