Dish CSR not helpful - Surprise !

mikew

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 7, 2003
Las Vegas, NV
My in-laws are visiting and don't speak english. I'm looking for the lowest cost alternative for spanish programming. I have DirecTV and it looks like that'll be $19.99/month. I call Dish and get a friendly, overseas, lady. She tells me the Spanish-only package is $12.49. I ask her if this is a promo price or ongoing price and she says that is the ongoing price. I tell her that I've sold all of my equipment, so I need to know the startup price. She tells me the dish is free, but it will be $59.00 to install. I ask her how much for the lowest cost receiver and she tells me she doesn't have that price, but she will transfer me to "technical support". I get to tech support, they ask me for my R00 number. I have none, as I've already sold all of my Dish EQ. He tells me he can't help without a receiver number. I ask him if there is some way he can transfer me to a CSR in "the States", he laughs and says "I hear you...but no I can't.". I have to call back and start the process over again. I tried one more time, but, of course, I ended up overseas and just hung up.

My in-laws are visiting and don't speak english. I'm looking for the lowest cost alternative for spanish programming. I have DirecTV and it looks like that'll be $19.99/month. I call Dish and get a friendly, overseas, lady. She tells me the Spanish-only package is $12.49. I ask her if this is a promo price or ongoing price and she says that is the ongoing price. I tell her that I've sold all of my equipment, so I need to know the startup price. She tells me the dish is free, but it will be $59.00 to install. I ask her how much for the lowest cost receiver and she tells me she doesn't have that price, but she will transfer me to "technical support". I get to tech support, they ask me for my R00 number. I have none, as I've already sold all of my Dish EQ. He tells me he can't help without a receiver number. I ask him if there is some way he can transfer me to a CSR in "the States", he laughs and says "I hear you...but no I can't.". I have to call back and start the process over again. I tried one more time, but, of course, I ended up overseas and just hung up.

Like Iceberg states,You can get latino,latino plus,latino dos or latino max,But in order to get it you will need to reactive your account(You said you have Direct TV now)so they can activate a old receiver or buy a new one with them or any retailer.

I knew the price was too low. Their website doesn't explain the packages in English. The only way I could get "official" info was through calling them. Apparently, they don't understand the packages themselves. I often read of people saying they were told one thing, then charged another. I never believed them, until now. The only benefit I'd have with Dish is Playboy Espanol and the ability to add supers. I think I'll just add the D* pack when they come. Better to do that than to sign up and be put onto a commitment.

Yes Iceberg is right, that is the way it is. However yes most CSR's don't know they have to look it up and most of the time get something wrong or confused.

Yes Iceberg is right, that is the way it is. However yes most CSR's don't know they have to look it up and most of the time get something wrong or confused.

That's because they take said receiver number, plug it into the computer and it spits out an itemized price and future bill. You can't ask a CSR for information without using their computer, they don't memorize packages like that. Retailers do though!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts