Dish DB question?

SkyScanner81

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jun 17, 2021
Crossville, Tennessee
Ok I am looking at trying to get a 90cm to 1.2 meter motorized dish and notice the dish db numbers. Is there a way to use that db as a signal differencial factor when looking for a dish?

Example if it says one dish has a db of 39.3 and another 40.3, can you take the division of the two and possibly use it for a signal quality comparison? Like if the dish is 1 more db higher maybe it means 3 more signal quality pct?

I am just deciding on if I should try a one meter dish on a hh90 type motor or if the 90cm would be pretty much just as good or if I should dish out the bucks on a 1.2 meter and a hh120 motor? Also I have a 1.66 diameter pole, will that work on a 1.2 meter motor and dish or will it be too small?

Thanks

All dishes are not made the same. Some 1 meter dishes may not perform as good as a 90cm because of build quality. I can say for a fact that the Geosat 90cm dishes are built well and work great. That will also fit your pole.

All dishes are not made the same. Some 1 meter dishes may not perform as good as a 90cm because of build quality. I can say for a fact that the Geosat 90cm dishes are built well and work great. That will also fit your pole.

Well I got a 90cm geosat dish yesterday, it is used and about 10 yrs old. It looks to be a 90cm, unless satelliteav made smaller dishes back then but i think it is 34 to 35 inches wide and about 37 inches in height, same as the 90cm nowdays, but the bracket looks a bit small for a motor so Im not sure but if thats the case I can just pop a new lnb on it since the old one is 10 yrs old and maybe just use this with a motor.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)