Dish deactivates bad receiver before i can tranfer dvr

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I think the confusion is in your term “automatically”.

What I meant was that you don't select which recordings, it automatically transfers all of them. Obviously you have to start the transfer otherwise everybody who has 2 Hoppers would have transfers going on all the time. :)

lol. I knew that, and most do. Like I said, I think others that didn’t know much about Ethernet read it as you just connect them and it goes on it’s own.

Reactions: TheKrell
For the record, I misread your statement too because of the proximity of "USB" and "connect the boxes".

Question for those who have done the Hopper swap before: Can you really disconnect the Hopper from satellite and still use an external disk?
Yes, I did exactly that early this year when I transferred my sister's recordings from the Hopper to an external drive so they could be transferred to a ViP612 that I activated for her to save money on the monthly DVR fee. (This was back before the ViP DVR fee increased for non-grandfathered subscribers.)

Sorry you lost all your recordings. As I Sit here watching Glary Utilities run a Chkdsk on my Computer's external 4Tb My book praying it saves the 400 Gb of Blu-ray quality movies, 200Gb of mp3's, including a 37Gb folder with everything domestic and foreign including liner notes and art that Pink Floyd ever released, all my documents and pictures and every important program, game and file download I have due to Defraggler causing an insane amount of bad sectors on the drive; in other words, advice I'll be taking myself now, if it really means that much to you, back up your back ups in the future
Defraggler ruined your hard drive? That sounds like a real Doozer of a problem!

Reactions: HipKat
Defraggler ruined your hard drive? That sounds like a real Doozer of a problem!
I found out too late that defragging an EHD is a bad idea lol BUT, Glary Utilities did recover it to the point that I can access my files, albeit there are some bad sectors, so i need to get a new EHD, copy them over and I should be OK. I'm just wondering if a full reformat on the current drive will repair any bad sectors I have

Reactions: pattykay
It should. Nice word, "should."

You might consider getting a h/w RAID 1 enclosure with a similarly sized HDD. Pop the new and old drives in, and overnight you may strike gold.

Reactions: HipKat

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)