DISH Delivers ‘Smart Phone Repair’ on Your Turf

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
Release Date: Tuesday, May 3, 2016 7:04 am MDT

Dateline City: ENGLEWOOD, Colo.
  • DISH technicians fix mobile phones at customer’s location
  • Available to consumers nationwide, no TV subscription required
  • DISH offers upfront pricing, high-quality screens and batteries
ENGLEWOOD, Colo.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--With millions of Americans swiping across shattered smartphone screens, DISH has deployed its nationwide fleet of professional technicians, capable of reaching any U.S. home or business, to repair iPhones for consumers nationwide whether or not they are DISH customers.

Available today, “Smart Phone Repair” from DISH delivers a technician directly to a customer’s door. DISH’s network of skilled technicians in all 50 states will repair cracked screens and replace batteries on Apple’s iPhone 5, 5c, 5s, 6 and 6 Plus. In the coming months, DISH intends to expand its service to include additional devices and smartphone accessories.

With transparent pricing and trusted technicians, DISH has eliminated the hassle and uncertainty of smartphone repair for consumers nationwide.

“Fixing your phone shouldn’t mean losing your phone for days on end, so we come to you – whether you’re at the office, the gym or even the coffee shop,” said John Swieringa, executive vice president of Operations. “DISH is uniquely positioned with the technical know-how and ability to respond to a customer’s needs in every state across the country.”

DISH uses high-quality replacement parts from respected third parties. Repair prices are consistent across the country and offered upfront as customers explore available services on www.dish.com/smartphonerepair. Additionally, DISH offers onsite corporate events, providing a convenient solution for large-scale repairs on enterprise smartphones and employees’ personal devices.

“Instead of paying $650 or more to replace a smartphone, our technicians step in to extend the life of the phone when a screen shatters or a battery loses its charge,” added Swieringa.

DISH offers appointments seven days a week including same-day and next-day availability, and guarantees all repair work with a 60-day warranty. Customers reserve their onsite service with a one-time $35 “Drive to Me” travel fee that allows their technician to repair one device or many during the visit. DISH’s “My Tech” online appointment tool allows smartphone repair customers to view their technician’s name, photo and a countdown to their tech’s arrival. Customers may even track the DISH vehicle as it travels to meet them.

I can see it now. Instead of Tupperware parties, people will have iPhone repair parties. Pay a single $35 fee to get a DISH phone tech to your house, then invite the community through Craigslist to have their iPhone repaired. Each participant could bring a covered dish (pun intended).

Yes they are. :eeek

And while they're there they will probably try to sell you screen cleaner, surge suppressors, 'premium' HDMI wires, a sound bar and whatever else they can talk you into.
Not that there aren't some good ones (I have just never had the pleasure) but I have never had a Dish tech that knew enough about Dish equipment, much less one I would let cut loose with my iPhones or iPads.

Not that there aren't some good ones (I have just never had the pleasure) but I have never had a Dish tech that knew enough about Dish equipment, much less one I would let cut loose with my iPhones or iPads.

I wish I could like that one twice. :)

Reactions: whitewolf8214
As a long time loyal dish customer for over 15 years now, I have had some truly excellent tech's visit my house over the years, but on the flip side, I have had some absolute train wrecks that I wouldn't trust with a fisher price toy phone, let alone a $700 smart phone.

Reactions: gasman882001
Personally since I live next to an Apple store (Actually 2 of them) I would take it there, since it would use genuine Apple parts, come with the Apple Warranty and it would be cheaper.

But I understand not everyone has an Apple store next to them and those people will be interested in this service.

Installs must be slowing up . I guess they are trying to find work for the' techs. Don't they also install flat screens and sound systems?

Release Date: Tuesday, May 3, 2016 7:04 am MDT

Dateline City: ENGLEWOOD, Colo.
  • DISH technicians fix mobile phones at customer’s location
  • Available to consumers nationwide, no TV subscription required
  • DISH offers upfront pricing, high-quality screens and batteries
ENGLEWOOD, Colo.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--With millions of Americans swiping across shattered smartphone screens, DISH has deployed its nationwide fleet of professional technicians, capable of reaching any U.S. home or business, to repair iPhones for consumers nationwide whether or not they are DISH customers.

Available today, “Smart Phone Repair” from DISH delivers a technician directly to a customer’s door. DISH’s network of skilled technicians in all 50 states will repair cracked screens and replace batteries on Apple’s iPhone 5, 5c, 5s, 6 and 6 Plus. In the coming months, DISH intends to expand its service to include additional devices and smartphone accessories.

With transparent pricing and trusted technicians, DISH has eliminated the hassle and uncertainty of smartphone repair for consumers nationwide.

“Fixing your phone shouldn’t mean losing your phone for days on end, so we come to you – whether you’re at the office, the gym or even the coffee shop,” said John Swieringa, executive vice president of Operations. “DISH is uniquely positioned with the technical know-how and ability to respond to a customer’s needs in every state across the country.”

DISH uses high-quality replacement parts from respected third parties. Repair prices are consistent across the country and offered upfront as customers explore available services on www.dish.com/smartphonerepair. Additionally, DISH offers onsite corporate events, providing a convenient solution for large-scale repairs on enterprise smartphones and employees’ personal devices.

“Instead of paying $650 or more to replace a smartphone, our technicians step in to extend the life of the phone when a screen shatters or a battery loses its charge,” added Swieringa.

DISH offers appointments seven days a week including same-day and next-day availability, and guarantees all repair work with a 60-day warranty. Customers reserve their onsite service with a one-time $35 “Drive to Me” travel fee that allows their technician to repair one device or many during the visit. DISH’s “My Tech” online appointment tool allows smartphone repair customers to view their technician’s name, photo and a countdown to their tech’s arrival. Customers may even track the DISH vehicle as it travels to meet them.

They should also consider fixing broken tablet screens. Right now there are over 11200 trying to find someone to replace screens on the Nexus 10 by Google (made by Samsung) as Samsung will not stand behind it and Google is in a pickle. Nexus 10 best tablet ever built.

I just replaced a battery and screen on a iPhone 6. I find the 5 and 6 fairly easy to open and replace most parts but sometimes things happen. I'm surprised they would do this as it opens them up to lots of issues working on a customers phone. You also need a clean work area so you don't loose any of the super tiny screws and parts. I can't think of anything less I would want to do with a customer over my shoulder..

Reactions: JSheridan
My first thought was they would set up some type of work area inside their vehicles but they're simply too small. So they're going to do this stuff on someone's dining room table, kitchen table, etc.... ??

I saw a post over at DSL Reports that I thought was pretty accurate !!
So which executive's kid wanted to start a smartphone repair business that everyone was afraid to say no to?
I think this is a really poor business idea by Dish.... Do they know something we don't ? Like Ergen or not, he's probably got more money than every member here combined !! He's not a stupid guy.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)