Dish Distant Nets

deadsky1

Original poster
Oct 10, 2015
Virginia
Can you get distant nets as an RV owner I heard where you park you can get locals. you know I want east and west I don't mind giving dish proof of RV if possible what cities would they offer.

When you park your RV, you call DiSH. You tell them where you are and they set you up to receive the locals that are available for that area. You move the RV again and repeat. They offer the cities locals for any place in the US that they cover, which is just about everywhere.... You have to be in the spot beam for that area to get the programming.

If you just want the networks and don't want to have to switch back and forth these markets are currently on the CONUS satellites so they would work anywhere. These are all Eastern Arc HD, I didn't check SD. All are East Coast though, no other time zones

Bluefield, WV
Cincinnati, OH
Louisville, KY
Ft. Wayne, IN
Lima, OH

If you just want the networks and don't want to have to switch back and forth these markets are currently on the CONUS satellites so they would work anywhere. These are all Eastern Arc HD, I didn't check SD. All are East Coast though, no other time zones

Bluefield, WV
Cincinnati, OH
Louisville, KY
Ft. Wayne, IN
Lima, OH
Add Jacksonville, FL to the list. CONUS on the 77 bird.

Here is the complete list from 77W:

Cincinnati, Oh
Evansville, Ind
Bluefield, W. Va
Columbus, Ga/Auburn-Opelika, Ala
Davenport, Ia/Moline-Rock Island, Ill.
Jacksonville, Fla
Lexington, Ky
Louisville, Ky
Little Rock, Ark.
Paducah, Ky
Lima, Oh
Springfield, Oh

Correct me if I'm wrong but a lot of those have spotbeam feeds on 61.5w now as well. Won't that block you from accessing the conus on 77? I thought I read that here somewhere previously

Correct me if I'm wrong but a lot of those have spotbeam feeds on 61.5w now as well. Won't that block you from accessing the conus on 77? I thought I read that here somewhere previously
I wasn't blocked from the Jacksonville locals last winter when I could only see the 72.7 and 77 birds. 61.5 was blocked by a tree.

Reactions: Tampa8
Here is the complete list from 77W:

Cincinnati, Oh
Evansville, Ind
Bluefield, W. Va
Columbus, Ga/Auburn-Opelika, Ala
Davenport, Ia/Moline-Rock Island, Ill.
Jacksonville, Fla
Lexington, Ky
Louisville, Ky
Little Rock, Ark.
Paducah, Ky
Lima, Oh
Springfield, Oh
Did you mean Springfield, MO? Springfield, Ohio was in the Dayton DMA the last time I checked.

It really ticks me off that Cincinnati got to keep their CONUS locals but Pittsburgh did not.

I just wish there were some west coast Conus locals. Everything is in the east :-(
There is not enough "Like" in the world for this post! I have a Directv account specifically to get CONUS network feeds from Los Angeles. If I could get that, or any other west coast city, from Dish, then I would not even bother with Directv.

I think I know the answer to this. But I live in Washington DC and have significant signal issues with the 61.5 bird. I have no issues with 72 and 77. They only channels I need on 61.5 are my locals. All the other channels are also available on the other satellites. Do you think Dish would allow me to get locals from another market?

Allow you, 100% no. Give them your new address in one of the CONUS markets on 77, then yes.

Or if you fall in a spotbeam of a WA set of locals(not sure what would be around), you can just change your address to that Dma.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts