Dish does not want me back, strange!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

delta_charlie

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 12, 2008
Hi all, I used to have the Dish HD Absolute package and a ViP 222. Was out of contract and did not like the receiver very much so I cancelled. Dish sent me the return box and left a message on my voice mail that they wanted the receiver back so I sent it the same day I received the return box. Right after returning the receiver I got a good offer by mail saying Dish wants me back. It had an expiration date for the end of September. So after thinking about it for a while I called today and was surprised when the CSR said sorry we can not re-start your account because you sent the receiver back. I then said why not just start me over. Sorry we can't do that.

To me this seems like a strange way to run a business. Why waste the money on the special offer brochure? They should have sent me a post card with a finger on it! Maybe put the words thanks for being a former customer, now go away and don't come back!

Does Dish have a drug free work policy?

Later, DC

They may have allowed you back with another package, but they definitely will not let you back to HD Absolute.

Hi, I was not trying to get Absolute back. One of the channels I really wanted was the Fox News, It was available in the American top 120 and that was the package I was trying to get. The special offer had HD for life on the top 120 and up but Dish will not let me come back.

Their current business model is whacked. :eek: You should try out D*, they have very good equipment and arguably a better picture on hd. I see both a daily basis and imo D* has a better picture. I would not play E*'s games......shop around.

I starting complaining about picture quality years ago . I just figured this is as good as it gets . I switched because of certain policies in place for Dish and the picture quality is soooo much better . You would think it is all the same . It is not . I love the picture and bothers me that I did not switch many years ago . As for the offer . Just another " the right hand does not know what the left hand is doing " . As soon as I canceled , I got a mailing for two free movies . LOL . Dish is more interested in getting new customers and the emphasis on losing existing customers has lessened considerably . They had me for 13 years and I was paying wayyyy over $ 100 a month and did not care . Funny thing is , I explained to the folks I am with now what happened ( DVR Fee ) , and they discounted it for me . When all was said and done , I got a better deal for the 2 year term than Dish would give . Try some other company . You might realize you did the right thing .;)

Their current business model is whacked. :eek: You should try out D*, they have very good equipment and arguably a better picture on hd. I see both a daily basis and imo D* has a better picture. I would not play E*'s games......shop around.

Hi, I have been shopping around. Took a close look at D* but when I do the math on 24 months of service for the choice package it comes in a bit higher then the combo package my local cable company offers. The cable option has more channels and free HD with no contract. When I add HD to the choice package it then cost well over what the cable would run.

Things are not going well at work so I really need to keep the cost down. So far I have not missed pay TV that much so I might just go without.

Later, DC

I starting complaining about picture quality years ago . I just figured this is as good as it gets . I switched because of certain policies in place for Dish and the picture quality is soooo much better . You would think it is all the same . It is not . I love the picture and bothers me that I did not switch many years ago . As for the offer . Just another " the right hand does not know what the left hand is doing " . As soon as I canceled , I got a mailing for two free movies . LOL . Dish is more interested in getting new customers and the emphasis on losing existing customers has lessened considerably . They had me for 13 years and I was paying wayyyy over $ 100 a month and did not care . Funny thing is , I explained to the folks I am with now what happened ( DVR Fee ) , and they discounted it for me . When all was said and done , I got a better deal for the 2 year term than Dish would give . Try some other company . You might realize you did the right thing .;)

Hi, if you over think the way Dish operates perhaps they are really very clever and not a bunch of idiots like we think. Maybe what they want is new customers with the potential to sell them lots of PPV and other high profit movie and sport channels. When you take a look at my history with them I was a cheap customer that never got any PPV or other stuff. Perhaps they really are better off trying to hook a new customer then keeping one of their low profit customers.

It's a bit like fishing, not happy with what you just pulled up - throw it back and try again.

Later, DC

Hi, if you over think the way Dish operates perhaps they are really very clever and not a bunch of idiots like we think. Maybe what they want is new customers with the potential to sell them lots of PPV and other high profit movie and sport channels. When you take a look at my history with them I was a cheap customer that never got any PPV or other stuff. Perhaps they really are better off trying to hook a new customer then keeping one of their low profit customers.

It's a bit like fishing, not happy with what you just pulled up - throw it back and try again.

Later, DC

Cost of aquiring new sub is about 700 bucks. new subs take a long time to become profitable.

Perhaps some of the chat behavior is influcing decision making?

in any case everyone will get interested in retention if they churn a couple million subs this quarter...

upper eschleon offices will be getting repainted, with new names on doors, and charlie & company can return to their roots:)

after learning a very expensive but valuable lesson:)

....The special offer had HD for life on the top 120 and up but Dish will not let me come back.
Can you blame them?

Based on some of the posts in this forum.... As a group, DishHD Absolute subs's unwillingness to switch to packages costing 2-3 times as much with less HD channels, coupled with not ordering enough VOD and PPV has been the primary cause of the stalled economic recovery. So I'm expecting a personal call from Ben Bernanke explaining that the entire world's economy depends on Americans spending more than they make and begging HD Absolute subs to quit being so selfishly thrifty :rolleyes:

Talon Dancer

p.s. I've heard that the reason Dish quit calling HD Absolute subs was because they knew the FED was going to start putting some muscle on us.

Last edited:
Once you cancel your service they will not give you new customer promotion for 3 months. You can sing up with them after 3 months and they will gladly take you back. If you want DISH service rite now then call them again and give them your wife's name and different phone number then you can get the service but you can not get service on your name rite now. You have to wait at least 3 month before they can give you new customer promotions. I hope this will be helpful to you.

Hi all, I used to have the Dish HD Absolute package and a ViP 222. Was out of contract and did not like the receiver very much so I cancelled. Dish sent me the return box and left a message on my voice mail that they wanted the receiver back so I sent it the same day I received the return box. Right after returning the receiver I got a good offer by mail saying Dish wants me back. It had an expiration date for the end of September. So after thinking about it for a while I called today and was surprised when the CSR said sorry we can not re-start your account because you sent the receiver back. I then said why not just start me over. Sorry we can't do that.

To me this seems like a strange way to run a business. Why waste the money on the special offer brochure? They should have sent me a post card with a finger on it! Maybe put the words thanks for being a former customer, now go away and don't come back!

Does Dish have a drug free work policy?

Later, DC

The question I have is did you receive a letter from Dish network? or was it a flyer?.You would like to believe a letter would be from Dish network,where a flyer is from independent contractors who don't know anything case in point.I'm a Dish network subscriber and get flyers about coming back to Dish network in my mail all the time.:confused:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)