DISH dropping ch 9500 weather.

n0qcu

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 7, 2003
Earth
I was just checking my weather and DISH had a message on the screen saying they are dropping channel 9500. You will now have to use the SLOW dish home to access your weather. Why do they need to take something simple and make it complicated?

korsjs said:
i never used it because i did not find it too acurate.

I have no idea of where they were getting their data from but (for my area) it was sure messed up. Sometimes the highs and lows were 10 to 15 degrees different from what the forecasts were from the local TV stations. They were often wrong when they forecasts rain or snow too.

It's the same. Just 9500 takes you directly to the app, so it's much quicker.

Dish just wants everyone to see all the advertisement through Dish Home as well as the other features in Dish Home that have a subscriber cost with them.

Why in the world would they take away that functionality on 9500 anyways? Why dont they have some kind of shortcuts you can use on your remote to access particular DishHome functions to access them quicker? By making one go into the DishHome that may cause some not to want to use it anymore.

juan said:
not quite..the "dish home" version offers a lot more cities

After Reading your post Juan, I did some research, dish home(100) vs 9500 same cities.....so where did you come up with that??

in the 721 and 921
if you go to menu > interactive tv
you can get to the weather without waiting
for dish home or seeing the ads.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)