DISH Drops AMC Networks (AMC Back on DISH channel 131)

Thanks for the tip!

This is BIG news! (Now we have a better idea why the AMC Networks were added to the 390'searlier this week.)

If they drop AMC that will be a major major mistake.I really like Dish and have been a loyal customer for many years but that would break the camels back for me.Don't want to miss one of the best shows on tv (Breaking bad) or The walking dead.AMC is one of the most watched channels in this house.

I agree, this would be a huge screwup for Dish!

I was and am considering changing back to Dish in August when my D* rebates expire. I can save enough to both pay the ETF and put an additional $240 in my pocket, but dropping AMC, if it happens, will keep me with D*.

Scott Greczkowski said:
Thanks for the tip!

This is BIG news! (Now we have a better idea why the AMC Networks were added to the 390'searlier this week.)

And Dish could drop a whole lot of customers this Fall when then next season of walking dead starts

Yea we didn't complain much when the Fox deal caused them to drop Fx and some Fox affiliates,although it did screw up a few episodes of Sons of Anarchy,but this would surely lite a fire!

I wouldn't notice their absence either. But it seems to me that dish need not comingle current successful contracts with the Voom litigation. Why? Spite?

I wouldn't notice their absence either. But it seems to me that dish need not comingle current successful contracts with the Voom litigation. Why? Spite?

Exactly TheKrell.Pure Spite,this appears to have nothing to do with fees.

Really, what is up with this? Maybe Dish feels that this will pressure AMC Networks to settle out of court or drop the lawsuit. The way I read the article, it does look like Dish screwed up here. WOW! "Let's screw our customers because we screwed up a contract!". But of course they did the same thing with the Disney channels in HD because of them screwing up a contract, so this is nothing new.

But of course they did the same thing with the Disney channels in HD because of them screwing up a contract, so this is nothing new.

I disagree on that subject,afaik thats about Disney wanting Dish to pay twice once for sd and once for HD.Which if it is the case I agree with Dish on that.

I disagree on that subject,afaik thats about Disney wanting Dish to pay twice once for sd and once for HD.Which if it is the case I agree with Dish on that.
My thoughts on this subject is that Dish's contract team screwed up in the negotiations. You'll notice that no other pay-tv provider has dropped Disney's HD channels or has made an issue of or has even mentioned Disney wanting double fees on SD and HD channels. And another thing. If Dish and AMC Networks have a valid contract, couldn't Dish be sued again by dropping those channels?

If they drop AMC that will be a major major mistake.I really like Dish and have been a loyal customer for many years but that would break the camels back for me.Don't want to miss one of the best shows on tv (Breaking bad) or The walking dead.AMC is one of the most watched channels in this house.

Agreed. AMC is one of the reasons we keep AT250. Something like this would really have us considering cutting the cord- again......

My thoughts on this subject is that Dish's contract team screwed up in the negotiations. You'll notice that no other pay-tv provider has dropped Disney's HD channels or has made an issue of or has even mentioned Disney wanting double fees on SD and HD channels.
It is my understanding that its more a case of testing the waters by Disney. If they win then they would do the same thing to other providers.

My thoughts on this subject is that Dish's contract team screwed up in the negotiations. You'll notice that no other pay-tv provider has dropped Disney's HD channels or has made an issue of or has even mentioned Disney wanting double fees on SD and HD channels.

We'll just have to agree to disagree on that :) No I don't believe anyone else has dropped them but neither did dish,just the HD simulcast.So I guess we could assume that other providers are paying what Disney wants no matter what they charge.I can't blame Dish for trying to negotiate a better rate,I would do the same.

In the case of the Rainbow media it's a completely different animal.Maybe we don't have all the facts yet but with what info I have I disagree with Dish's tactics.

It is my understanding that its more a case of testing the waters by Disney. If they win then they would do the same thing to other providers.
If Dish didn't like the terms, they could have just not signed the deal. Instead they blinked and then decided to change the deal after the fact. And if Dish's lawyers didn't notice this little detail beforehand, then that whole department needs to be replaced.

If Dish didn't like the terms, they could have just not signed the deal. Instead they blinked and then decided to change the deal after the fact.
If you read the details about the lawsuit, E* wanted the same terms, under the "Most Favored Nations" clause, that Disney gave the competition. Disney claimed that the "packages" were different and E* wasn't entitled to a contract adjustment. Things got worse from there.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts