dish dual tuner for HD?

2) Because by only have one HD output DISH can get a lot of people install and second box that requires an additional monthly fee (thus boosting DISH's profits).

I really don't have a problem paying an additional monthly fee for another receiver (though I would prefer not to!) - I just wish if Dish is going to do this, that they would allow the receivers to share recordings.

Does your house really need the capability to stream two different HD programs at the same time? I know our family does just fine with a single 722 with TV1 driving 3 HDTVs (one via component and two via HDMI) and TV2 driving 2 SDTVs as well as the 3 HDTVs (all via coax).

I respectfully disagree - SD looks like trash on many HD TV's. I have an HD set in the living room and another in the bedroom. Only 1 HD tuner - the TV2 signal displayed on the 2nd HD set is grainy and blurry. When fed an HD signal, it looks great.

Different family members watch different programming at the same time, so all can't share the same HD signal. I contend there *is* a need to stream 2 different HD programs at the same time.

I respectfully disagree...
Disagree to what? All I did was ask the question. I think many people think they need multiple rec'rs (even 4 or 5) when the really only need 1 (or 2). I only asked the question to make sure you'd thought things through and apparently you have. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts