Dish DVR 510 Cuts off lasts mins of Program

Gen. Electric

Original poster
Oct 26, 2004
Is there a fix for my Dish 510 DVR? It will record at the appointed time but cuts off the last few minutes of some programs. I reset the DVR but it still cuts off the last few minutes. Any input? The time seems to be correct and the schedule seems to be correct also.

Welcome to SatelliteGuys General :welcome

You might want to try pading your timers by extending your timers by 5 minutes. :)

This should help nicely. :D

NBC is notorious for running over on the time. They like to get that one last commercial in (and collect their money)

The station clocks aren't off - they know exactly what they are doing.

Even a 2 minute pad on both sides doesn't always cut it any more (3 mins seems to be safe). Unless, it's a season opener of finale... Then I'd throw in an extra 10 minutes (especially on F/X). It's really a pain for most of the Echostar subs without dual tuner PVRs.

More commercials, overrun the timeslot of a show on a competing channel, and piss off the PVR users -> sounds like a triple-play for the networks.

510 Dvr

Thanks for your response. My 510 decided to die today. It would cycle through signal detection and half way through program download and then turn off and then go through it over again. Dish said power supply issue and they would send a refurbished one to switch for $14.95. I did not want to switch but to repair, so I would not lose saved programs. On my second call to Dish, they told me Sears and Radio Shack repaired dish receivers. They don't, so I will switch. Thanks again for the info.

Have you tried watching your stored programs?
Try hitting the PVR button during the signal detect screen.
Might help to disconnect the Sat feed.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts