Dish DVR 522 BronzeHD?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Bond007

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Feb 26, 2008
Orlando Fla
Currently we own the ViP722 and a DVR 522. We have americas top100 plus bronzeHD, we need to save some money so we are trimming stuff from here to there. My wife wants to do away with the top100 and just keep BronzeHD, but my question is, will the 522 still receive those channels? Or only the Vip722? I guess I'm wondering if the SD channels of the BronzeHD channels will still come in.

Thanks!!! :)

I am not sure about Bronze HD, but I have the HD ABsolute and we get about 80% of the SD channels that correspond to the HD ones.

Somewhere in the back of my mind I remember that HD Bronze includes no SD channels at all, except for the mandatory public interest and the shopping channels.

If that is the case the 522 would be pretty useless - might upgrade it to a 211 with an EHD if you need the hard drive.

Well, if I'm wrong I'm sure to be corrected.

I'm thinking the best thing to do is cancel the 522 box, and use the 722 to control the other TV, I didnt know I could do this, but I saw some stuff about it on google. Good idea?

You run a coax line from the rf out on the receiver to the second tv then switch from single user to dual user (button is located on the front the receiver behind the door on the right, next to the power button). You have to enable the output and set for cable or analog. Match the second tv to the receiver setting, scan the channel into the tv. You then control the tv2 output with the tv2 (has blue key at the bottom of the remote) remote that came with the receiver. Tv1 remote stays with the tv the receiver is hooked up to now. It's more simple than it sounds.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts