Dish DVR 942

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

NR2D

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 17, 2005
Laurel Springs NJ
My Dish DVR 921 took a crash over the weekend, literally. I got so damn mad it locking up on me, I disconnected it and threw it out into the back yard. It is in a couple dozen pieces now in the trash can. I need to replace it but I am worried by reading the threads on the problems with the 942 that I will spend another Sunday picking up it's pieces from the back yard. But this is my only choice!!

I am not off of HDTV from Dish though. I still have my older receiver but it doesn't have the recorder function and the DVI output. The only thing I recorded was the superbowl last year for my son-in-law and then he could care less since the Eagles lost.

Will I be throughing good money after bad if I get the 942 or should I just upgrade my older HD receiver, I think it is the 6000 model.

Rich Dunklee
NR2D

The 942 is an excellent receiver, much better than the 921 and far superior to the 6000. The 6000 can be upgraded to receive HD OTA and it can receive the 8psk module so many of dishes HD channels can be viewed, but a good many of the 6000's sold already had those upgrades in them. If yours does, there is nothing else that be upgraded in the 6000.

Get a 942 and then take an anger management course. You could have sold your 921 on eBay and got between $300 and $400 for it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts