Dish DVR Question

TheVertMan

Original poster
Apr 30, 2007
I've recently became a new dish network customer, very happy. I am considering upgrading to a dual tuner dvr so I can record my favorite programs for later viewing. But after reading the product PDF from dishnetwork.com I'm still left with several questions. I know I can record two shows and watch another recorded one, but can I actually record one live program and watch another one that's also live.

First of all :welcome to Satelliteguys!

Yes you can you can set it up for one tv or two.
If one tv you can record something while watching another.
OR..you can record what ever is on tv one and go in other room and watch tv two.

If you connect an antenna you can watch over-the-air channels while recording two satellite programs at the same time (assuming your TV has a built-in tuner).

I dont GET this. I understand that wth 622 i shud be able to record up to 3 different shows (with a OTA antenna attached) at the same time (or am i incorrect). I havn;t been able to do tthis yet. plz advise.

I dont GET this. I understand that wth 622 i shud be able to record up to 3 different shows (with a OTA antenna attached) at the same time (or am i incorrect). I havn;t been able to do tthis yet. plz advise.

Yes, you should be able to record three programs at same time with ota being one of them. What is your setup? Single mode, dual mode? What is Record Plus set at? (You can find this under Preferences and should be enabled.)

I figured out my issue. I was trying to rec 2 shows from my OTA transmission. I guess i can't do that. If i pick one OTA (LOCA HD) and 2 regural shows at the same time i can d/l that. Thanx for all help.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts