Dish e-mail about Free Starz a month late...

jporum

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 11, 2008
Just got an e-mail from Dish letting me know "Your free Starz programming is now available" and "free for the next 12 months". It also lists some movies I can watch in February, and some in March.

Given that it is now March 1st, they are a bit tardy in sending this out. Had I not been reading the posts in this forum, I would have missed one of my 12 free months.

Good job, Dish Marketing. :rolleyes:

I received a "free Starz" flyer in the mail with my last billing statement. Didn't you guys?

Last edited:
Email takes a long time to send out especially when you have over 14 million of them to send out. :) I did a bulk mailing before Christmas here at SatelliteGuys and it took 4 days to send to all 160,000 members!

Seems like the only ones good at sending Bulk Mail are the spammers. :D

I received my notification yesterday in the form of a fancy, glossy, expensive-looking snail-mailing, not email. It also included what to watch in February....

Email takes a long time to send out especially when you have over 14 million of them to send out. :) I did a bulk mailing before Christmas here at SatelliteGuys and it took 4 days to send to all 160,000 members!

Seems like the only ones good at sending Bulk Mail are the spammers. :D
some of us are still waiting.:eek::D

Hey Scott, I didn't get my Christmas present from you, is it still waiting to be sent??? :D

I received a "free Starz" flyer in the mail with my last billing statement. Didn't you guys?
What's mail? :)

There was an extra page in the electronic bill I get my statment at the very end of the month, so I only got it the day before the e-mail was sent.

You would think Dish would have promoted this in January.

Even if you hadn't, you SHOULD have found it in your all HD guide.:confused:
Seriously? :eek: You really think customers SHOULD be scrolling through the guide in order to find free previews? At least the monthly ones are listed on channel 102.

Yesterday my 622 replacement that was installed just after New Years died. When talking to a tech support rep about my 622 problem she advised me that my base package was going up from 54.99 to 59.99 but would remain frozen for two years. She also informed me that because I am on auto pay, my $10 charge for HD is now free for life and in addition since I really do not use the Dish Platinum package, she removed the $10 monthly charge and lastly she indicated that I now have the Starz chanels for free for 12 months. So my monthly charge before taxes down from $98.99 to $78.99

I think she volunteered this info since my 622 is dead and she could not revive it. She then transferred me to an advanced TSR for additional testing. Who also failed to revive the 622. I then requested the last TSR to let me talk to his supervisor who has surmised that replacing 622's might be fruitless. She thinks that I have grounding problem which is causing the 622 to lose power. I received both an e-mail and voicemail confirming an appointment of a tech support person coming to our home tomorrow to check the grounding and if it is ok he or she will have a 622 replacement that will be installed at no charge for the on-site visit since I have a service plan.

Great news on the bill! Bad news on the dead 622. What are it's symptoms?

Perhaps the $5 increase is to compensate for some of that free HD in addition to the Starz free for a year. I am sure Dish Network is getting a heck of a deal with Starz providing it free for everyone for a year. Perhas a few bucks a month per subscriber? If they provided it for now on for their subscribers then maybe that would help prevent churn. But then again, that may force the competition to do the same in which would cause Dish Network to gain nothing from doing this. I wonder how many have already contacted their Directv agent asking for a free year of Starz since Dish Network is offering it and actually got it?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)