DISH Earnings Call Transcript

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I hope it is just postering. I cannot live without TCM long-term or without TNT, TBS and Tru-TV during the tournament or TBS during the postseason. And I want them on Dish. You need a service to have pretty much everything because when you buy a service like this, it is usually for a family that has many different interests. And we can't really buy Dish for one set of channels and then cable for another set. It gets too expensive.

Dish Network gains after earnings call bravado
Nov 4 2014, 13:15 ET | By: Clark Schultz, SA News Editor [Contact this editor with comments or a news tip]

Dish Network (DISH -1.3%) saw its pay-TV average revenue per user increase 4.2% to $84.39.
Though the ARPU mark is higher than some pay-TV rivals it came with a cost - subscriber-related expenses +7.9% to $2.132B.
The company added 28K net broadband subscribers (compared to a net add of 75K a year ago) during the period to take its broadband base to 553K.
Conference call highlights: Charlie Ergen notes that pricing for a OTT product should be roughly $1 a day. Naturally, he sees Dish a well-positioned for a cord-cutter subscriber grab. On the CNN dispute, Ergen deals rather harsh on the news network by noting that ratings are low for it unless a plane goes missing for weeks.
Shares of Dish have staged a minor comeback after being down over 3% in early trading.
SEC Form 10-Q
http://seekingalpha.com/news/2091405-dish-network-gains-after-earnings-call-bravado#email_link
Dish Network’s Charlie Ergen Calls Loss Of CNN And Turner Nets A “Non-Event” http://deadline.com/2014/11/dish-ne...loss-cnn-turner-channels-nonevent-1201273061/
Dish Network Chairman Charlie Ergen was in rare form today in his quarterly earnings conference call with analysts and media — especially when asked about his battle with Time Warner’s Turner Broadcasting. All of its channels except for TBS and TNT went dark on the No. 2 satellite company on October 21 as a result of a contract dispute. And Ergen says he’s prepared to dig in his heels, including doing without CNN which he says is “not a top 10 network anymore. Unless they find the Malaysian plane.” His comments were so interesting that I’ve decided to include big blocks of them, instead of summarizing. Here you go:
He’s prepared to do without Turner:
When we take something down we’re prepared to leave it down forever. Things like CNN are not quite the product that they used to be. You can imagine: CNN down on election night would have been a disaster 15 or 20 years ago. Now there are plenty of other places for people to get news. In fact a lot of people get news not from TV but from their devices. So it’s not had a major impact on our business yet. I do expect that we would ultimately lose some subscribers without Turner programming. We would prefer to get a deal done. But we have a timeframe that we look at and there comes a point in time, certainly during this month, if we do

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts