Dish elevation

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Move the elevation of the dish up 1.3 degrees and slowly move the dish south 6 degrees. You should have 97w!

"80cm = 22 degrees elevation for St. Louis"

So, I take this to moving the elevation to 20.7. I see those beach cams are certainly on 103 but why was I seeing 12152/H/20000 at 90% signal and 75% to 80% quality? There does not seem to be a 12152 on 103. It would not scan channels at 12152.

Try Try Try again! :)

Raise you elevation not lower.

I think your LNBF is aging and drifted off frequency. Time to replace.... The 103w Huntington Beach Pier transponder frequency is 11942 and your blindscan logged them at 11936. The LO frequency has drifted 6MHz! While STBs may be able to tune off frequency once the dish is aimed, it would make finding the satellite next to impossible.

To locate 97w try changing the transponder frequency from 12152 to 12147.

So, I found the *real* 97W tonight.

Put a NIB linear LNB on there. I did have to play with the elevation and azimuth of course.

I also know for sure the elevation scale on the side of the dish is totally useless. The elevation setting is at least 5 degrees off the 44.6 given by dishpointer.com as the elevation for my location for 97W. It was getting dark so I couldn't tell for sure.

But, a blind scan found 218 TV channels.

Thank you all for your help! :)

Glad to hear that you got it going!!

Yes, I had to fiddle for sure.

Another thing that surprised me so much was the skew. I had it set at what I thought would be the right amount. The best I could peak the dish was about 31%. I thought the bucket mount was just unstable. Then I twisted the LNB back toward center and the quality jumped to 80%!

My very first setup ever was with this dish and the SG2100 motor, so I had never had to deal with skew before.

Apparently 8.5 isn't as far as I thought.

Status
Please reply by conversation.