Dish Elevation

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Otter Lake

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Nov 23, 2006
North of the 49th
First let me wish everyone a Merry Christmas and the best in the New Year.

Have a question about dish elevation. If a dish has an offset angle of lets say 24 degrees, when vertical. Do you factor in this 24 degrees when setting the elevation on the dish. Example when a satellite is at 34 degrees is the elevation scale on the dish set at 10 + 24=30, or do you set the elevation on the dish scale at 34 degrees. Might be a dumb question but am confused on setting dish angles. Thanks

No you do not factor in the offset. If the elevation is 34 degrees, you put it at 34 on the elevation scale. The only time I use the “offset” is if I have to see if I can clear an obstacle. I will put the dish at the normal elevation +22 and see if the LNB clears it (so if its 34, I put the dish at 56 and check first)

No you do not factor in the offset. If the elevation is 34 degrees, you put it at 34 on the elevation scale. The only time I use the “offset” is if I have to see if I can clear an obstacle. I will put the dish at the normal elevation +22 and see if the LNB clears it (so if its 34, I put the dish at 56 and check first)

With the dish elevation scale set at the 34 degrees tou were discussing , will an angle finder on the back of the dish mount show 34 degrees ?

Wyr

If you have a smooth lip around the edge of the dish, you can put a magnetic angle finder on the right or left side of the dish and check the alignment. You simply subtract the offset from your elevation. If you don't know the offset then you can use a program such as "Satellite Antenna Alignment".
free download:
http://www.al-soft.com/saa/satinfo.shtml
Enter the height and width and the program will give you the offset.
Bob

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts