Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
DISH Enhances Its International IPTV Services

ENGLEWOOD, CO -- (Marketwire) -- 08/28/12 -- DISH (NASDAQ: DISH)

• DISHWorld's live international content now viewable via Macs, PCs
• Family View allows up to three devices per account at the same time
• New channels added in Arabic, Brazilian, Tamil, Telugu and Urdu
• Free two-week trial available to new customers

DISH (NASDAQ: DISH), one of the nation's leading pay-TV providers, has improved the DISHWorld IPTV experience by expanding content to computers through a new application, improving its viewing flexibility and by debuting new programming. Launched in May, DISH's over-the-top IPTV international channel service was initially available only on the Roku platform.

"We've made significant enhancements that expand consumer choice and control, and we expect customers to be particularly pleased with Mac and PC access to DISHWorld content," said Chris Kuelling, vice president of International Programming at DISH. "Subscribers simply go to the DISHWorld IPTV website, create an account and download an application to watch their favorite international programming on their computers."

In addition to the increased accessibility, DISHWorld launched Family View, a feature that allows customers to watch content on up to three devices at the same time, without the need for multiple accounts.

"For each account, a customer can add up to two additional devices, including the newly-launched Mac or PC app, for a monthly fee of $10 per device," said Kuelling. "Now family members can view what they want, when they want -- mom can watch a news program and dad can watch sports, while the kids watch cartoons on the computer."

Expanding its existing content to a total of 72 channels in seven languages, DISHWorld introduced 20 new, live channels:

Arabic: Al Hayah 1, Al Hayah Cinema
Brazilian: Record TV
Tamil: Adithya, Kalaignar, KTV, Jaya Max, Jaya Plus, Jaya TV, Sirippoli, SUN Music, SUN TV, Vijay International
Telugu: Gemini Comedy, Gemini Movies, Gemini TV, Maa TV, TV5 News, TV9 Telugu, Zee Telugu (coming soon)
Urdu: QTV

A free two-week trial is currently available to new customers on any compatible device. The preview allows customers to sample an a la carte channel, a programming package or the Family View feature.
For more information or to subscribe to DISHWorld, call 1-877-811-4788, visit www.dishworldiptv.com or access the Roku Channel Store on any Roku 2 streaming player. Programming packages start as low as $14.99 per month. No upfront cost, minimum term, social security number, credit check or DISH satellite subscription is required. Foreign language content providers interested in launching on DISHWorld should email ottpartner@dish.com.

I don't see this as the same, nor does it compare to the structure of Satellite service. My reading is wherever three people are all can watch what they want. Of course if you wanted to watch the same content it would be free anywhere with a Slingbox. If a family were to watch alot of content, I 'm not seeing how $10 to watch wherever you are and whatever you want is that out of line.

Last edited:
I don't see this as the same, nor does it compare to the structure of Satellite service. My reading is wherever three people are all can watch what they want. Of course if you wanted to watch the same content it would be free anywhere with a Slingbox. If a family were to watch alot of content, I 'm not seeing how $10 to watch wherever you are and whatever you want is that out of line.
You don't think $30 for the Sling mobile app is a lot for a mobile app, either.

Correct. It's not. The use and enjoyment from that app is far more than the $30. I paid that $30 so long ago when Android was first available that in no way do I miss that money. That you don't think it can be worth it is what is strange. Honestly very strange. The events I get to watch live while traveling, not worrying about Dishonline, etc... Checking my security cameras, including checking on the pets, you just don't make sense to me that paying that $30 isn't worth it.

Last edited:
Negative Nancies are missing the point. This doesn't have anything to do with satellite service. If this is all I had to pay to see channels in my native language and I have no other means to watch them. I'd sign up for it in a second. Not everything Dish/Echostar does has to be relevant to you. It smacks of being Amero-centric.

Those are some of the hardest to get reliably otherwise. And it's a new service I have to think given time much more will be added. DustoMan has it right.

There are many businessmen who own their own business, and have their native programming on at work. $10 bucks more to be able to that while someone at home is also watching is just not out of line. As I also mentioned this is not satellite, some of you are not getting what this is or what it means to some. This could be the only programming they get, or perhaps get only limited other programming traditionally from Cable or satellite.

Last edited:
He's referring to what I am - the Slingbox mobile app that does far more than the adapter does.