DISH Entertainment Magazine

faster68

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 20, 2004
A friend of mine lives in Canada and would like to order the DISH Entertainment Magazine. Does anyone know where he can with out a subscription?

Because pirates need their TV guides too? Since he can't be a legal subscriber, what possible reason could there be for him to need a subscription?

BobMurdoch said:
Because pirates need their TV guides too? Since he can't be a legal subscriber, what possible reason could there be for him to need a subscription?

Pirates are in the cold slick, or haven't you heard? Thanks for the useless reply.

Well, the 'friend' may not be a pirate, and may be going through a broker (not saying its right or wrong) and paying out the nose for programming.

Try a P.O box (ie a 'suite') and have mail fordwarded to CA maybe?

faster68 said:
Pirates are in the cold slick, or haven't you heard? Thanks for the useless reply.

No problem. Pirates hacked the new cards a month ago, Holmes, so he might have one of the new ones. There are no legal E* subscribers in Canada period (Unless they also have a house in the US and have the receiver on their account there which is ALSO verboten (just ask anyone who got hit by the audit Nazis).

On the non-sarcastic front, you could also try E*'s website, they have listings there if your friend has found some legal loophole that allows him to get the signal.....

"There are no legal E* subscribers in Canada"? How so, grey market isn't illegal or it would be called black, no? E* is placating the Canadian government and Bell Canada as part of an agreement. If I lived in Canada I would be dammed if I would pay good money and have French programming or re-branded American programming rammed down my throat. I was sick of that crap when I lived there.

Judicature said:
Your friend might want to try OnSat magazine instead. The Dish magazine isn't all that great, IMHO. :)

OnSat has been struck by the long arm of the Canadian Government… hmmm, does anyone but me get a little scared when a government starts controlling what its citizens can read? Looks like the only option is Satellite Orbit.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)