Dish Equipment Fees

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

pattykay

formerly crodrules
Original poster
Jun 14, 2014
North Central Ohio
The following chart was posted by HipKat in another thread here. After I modified it (moving some headings around to make it easier to read) HipKat suggested that it should be a sticky. So, I am posting this in a new thread, and nominating this thread to be a new sticky.

NameCost ($)
Monthly DVR Fees
DVR Service - Non-ViP/Hopper10.00
DVR Service - ViP15.00
DVR Service - Hopper15.00
DVR Service - Hopper Duo10.00
Equipment
Alaska Hawaii Dish5005.00
dishNET Satellite TRIA10.00
TV2 Receiver Connection*-
dishNET Wireline Modem Rental10.00
Premium TV Dish 500*-
Additional Receiver
Hopper15.00
Hopper w/ Sling15.00
Hopper 315.00
Hopper Duo15.00
Super Joey10.00
Wired Joey, Wireless Joey7.00
4K Joey7.00
Wally7.00
622, 622HZ17.00
722, 722k17.00
522, 62517.00
222, 222k14.00
211, 211k7.00
* Grandfathered fees
Last Modified: Thursday, January 25, 2018

I'm not, and I came to the H3 from a 722 which had a $7 DVR fee. I guess I "upgraded" after the new fee for Hoppers was $15?
I think the fee for H3 was always $15 from the start. Prior to that, the other Hoppers had a $12 fee, but Dish quickly raised that to $15 for people who switch to those models, while grandfathering existing users at $12. After that, Dish slowly started raising the fee for ViP DVR's to match, and even went up slightly on the fee for older SD DVR's. I think the idea was to not give new customers an incentive to use older equipment simply due to the (previously) lower monthly cost. Meanwhile, they also gave existing customers an incentive to keep their existing equipment, in order to avoid a stampede of customers wanting to upgrade to the latest equipment if the monthly cost was going to be the same regardless.

• Sad
Reactions: TheKrell
Typically if you are paying less than you think you should, it is best to accept the ignorance for the savings, just in case it is a mistake that can be fixed.

Reactions: Howard Simmons
I thought it was because I wasn't getting all the benefits for not having the Hopper 3.:rolleyes
Neither are the non-grandfathered ViP DVR users, and they still get stuck with the same $15 per month fee. I really feel sorry for ViP DVR users, with all the various rounds of grandfathering. Depending on when they signed up, some of them are paying $7 per month, and others are paying $10 per month, even though they all have the exact same equipment and features. It can get very confusing, and I imagine that it makes them very afraid to make any changes to the equipment on their account, for fear of losing that grandfathered price.

Neither are the non-grandfathered ViP DVR users, and they still get stuck with the same $15 per month fee. I really feel sorry for ViP DVR users, with all the various rounds of grandfathering. Depending on when they signed up, some of them are paying $7 per month, and others are paying $10 per month, even though they all have the exact same equipment and features. It can get very confusing, and I imagine that it makes them very afraid to make any changes to the equipment on their account, for fear of losing that grandfathered price.
Well I like my Hopper2/sling and I'll keep it as long as it doesn't blow up or I cancel my subscription to Dish.

Reactions: pattykay
Well I like my Hopper2/sling and I'll keep it as long as it doesn't blow up or I cancel my subscription to Dish.
I feel the same way about my deactivated 512 that still works for free preview channels. (Of course, since it is already deactivated, my continued use of it may survive the cancellation of my Dish subscription.) They can take my 512 away from me when they can pry it from my cold, dead hands!

The following chart was posted by HipKat in another thread here. After I modified it (moving some headings around to make it easier to read) HipKat suggested that it should be a sticky. So, I am posting this in a new thread, and nominating this thread to be a new sticky.
It was also recently suggested that the phone number for the Loyalty Department should be available in a sticky thread. This thread is not yet a sticky. However, when it does become a sticky, I figure that this is as good of a place for that information as any.

Loyalty Department phone number: 1-888-496-1260

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)